Hello! Intro + Some Questions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello! Intro + Some Questions

If you`re OK with the sport bike setup a cbr/ninja 250 would be a great first bike. You should be able to get most of your money back on one afterwards because the market is decent.

If you`re OK with the sport bike setup a cbr/ninja 250 would be a great first bike. You should be able to get most of your money back on one afterwards because the market is decent.
I would echo that with the Rebel 250s and Viragos/Vstars. They don't go for much, pretty much permanently around the $2k mark foreverrrrrrr and some

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Very different styles. Are you into the cruisers or sport or standard? Any of the 250s would be a good option.

My primary interest aesthetically is UJM/standard. But no 250s I’ve seen that are new ish fill that gap other than the nighthawk 250, which I can’t find anywhere but in America. And they go for a pretty penny in good condition seemingly.

That being said, never having ridden a bike on the street I can’t reasonably say that I have a geometry/handling preference.

If I go the newer route I’ll probably go for a cbr of some sort since they are so readily available. If a nighthawk 250 pops up though I’ll take it in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah I remember seeing the new ones on the Honda site. Might be worth doing something cheaper at first before I pony up over 3k.

Old GS500 or Ninja/EX500 would be in the same boat. Not sure of pricing and ins. though. They don't put out too much power.

The TU250 is pretty vintage styled too. Though they don’t seem to be very common in the used market. And 5k new makes other used options seem more sensical anyways for a first bike.

1968 Kawasaki 125cc 2 stroke
great cafe looks
and would provide much opportunity for DIY projects!

1968 Kawasaki 125 street bike, rare vintage | Street, Cruisers & Choppers | Mississauga / Peel Region | Kijiji

Despite now much I adore the sound and smell of a 2-stroke, I feel my neighbors, friends, and passers by on the street will curse my soul every time I interrupt their conversations with my racket as I pass :D

Though I'd take it with the biggest grin I could muster hahaha.

Reactions: J_F
but it's a proven fact
the chickies love blue smoke

sexiest bike ever sold
xtBM5Rm.jpg

OP
maybe a little bigger than you wanted
but this looks like a decent deal: '91 Seca 600, low km for 1500
nice shape
I like to look at the condition of the seller's garage
tells me a lot about what sort of dude they are
a well sorted garage usually = a well sorted bike

pretty old bike that has not been hacked up and rigged

GsYQWWK.jpg

1991 Yamaha seca 600 | Sport Touring | Barrie | Kijiji

Kawasaki KZ 440 LTD has 4 roller chains and that's just 'inside' the motor.

Ended up going CBR125.

If she takes me through the summer, without getting stolen, I’ll be thrilled. At this point theft is the only thing keeping me up at night.

Given my insurance will be relatively low with this bike it should be easy on my wallet after all the initial costs are behind me.

That being said; will maybe upgrade to a small naked of sorts next year or something. Or maybe I’ll just fall in love with tiny bikes because I have zero interest in going fast at the moment.

Just getting new tires and chain on the 125 and should be on the road in a few days / practicing in lots or whatever I can find that’s quiet downtown.

That's great! I remember riding one of these when my wife went to riding school, made me remember my first bikes, now I have 2 of them. If you really want to learn how to make a 125cc bike last, do the track school with Racer5. They have a flotilla of track ready CBR125s, it can be a scream riding a slow bike fast.

Hope to see you enjoying your new purchase.

Ended up going CBR125.

If she takes me through the summer, without getting stolen, I’ll be thrilled. At this point theft is the only thing keeping me up at night.

Given my insurance will be relatively low with this bike it should be easy on my wallet after all the initial costs are behind me.

That being said; will maybe upgrade to a small naked of sorts next year or something. Or maybe I’ll just fall in love with tiny bikes because I have zero interest in going fast at the moment.

Just getting new tires and chain on the 125 and should be on the road in a few days / practicing in lots or whatever I can find that’s quiet downtown.
What year model?

Just wanna give a quick but heartfelt thanks to @GreenPlane and @Katapult by the way. You both made my first steps much more painless than they otherwise would have been. You guys went way above and beyond for me and I owe you a great deal for that. Round of beer on me once I dig myself out of these initial expenses haha.

Getting involved in this forum made my thinking much more pragmatic and clear, and the help I’ve been receiving along the way has not gone unnoticed. I know there’s a million newbies out there every year, but I hope these long ass threads I’ve started and the very helpful feedback I’ve received can serve as another resource to others who might be feeling just as daunted by this jump into the sport.

Thanks all!!

Back
Top Bottom