Hello! (from a new Lady Cruiser Rider) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello! (from a new Lady Cruiser Rider)

raagapp

Hi Everyone!

I spent my first riding season last year on a Suzuki Marauder GZ250 (a dream come true), and just upgraded this week to a Yamaha V Star XVS650 Classic. Ideally, I'd like to work my way up to riding long cross-country tours and other ADV riding, but also enjoy cruising any beautiful scenic roads. I'm based in Ajax, and would love to learn from experienced riders, get recommendations of beautiful routes to explore, hear helpful tips for new/cruiser/female riders, and meet up! Excited to be here and stay connected :)

-- Raagini (Raag)
IMG_7807.jpeg

welcome
sounds like you have the right attitude for riding

friendly piece of advice
it's quite common for 2nd year riders to get overconfident
it really takes more than one year to attain decent riding skills

and now a larger/heavier bike
so would recommend some easy solo riding for a bit yet, at your pace
unless you know the other riders, may be best to avoid group rides for now
only saying these things because you asked

welcome
sounds like you have the right attitude for riding

friendly piece of advice
it's quite common for 2nd year riders to get overconfident
it really takes more than one year to attain decent riding skills

and now a larger/heavier bike
so would recommend some easy solo riding for a bit yet, at your pace
unless you know the other riders, may be best to avoid group rides for now
only saying these things because you asked

Thank you! Yes, I totally plan on taking it slow and learning how to ride this bike reeeeally well before jumping into any more serious/adv riding. Wanna focus on being a solid rider before any of that. Appreciate it!

welcome from Milton from a fellow lady rider...if you're on Facebook, check out Windsisters...they have regional all over...there's also Women Who Own and Ride a Motorcycle, Women of Worth and others that are good as well...

as J_F said, ride your own ride...baby steps and you'll get there sooner than you think...remember, keep the shiny side up...

Welcome, this is a great online fourm, not too many cruiser's here. You might want to check out the Durham Diva's (facebook) they are in your area. Or HD-ROC (also Facebook). Otherwise safe riding!

welcome from Milton from a fellow lady rider...if you're on Facebook, check out Windsisters...they have regional all over...there's also Women Who Own and Ride a Motorcycle, Women of Worth and others that are good as well...

as J_F said, ride your own ride...baby steps and you'll get there sooner than you think...remember, keep the shiny side up...
Thank you so much! This is amazing, and super helpful. Gonna dive into all your recommendations right now :)

Welcome, this is a great online fourm, not too many cruiser's here. You might want to check out the Durham Diva's (facebook) they are in your area. Or HD-ROC (also Facebook). Otherwise safe riding!
Thanks so much! Really appreciate it. Safe riding :)

J_F is 1000% correct.
When riding in groups your risk level goes waaay up

Some people have been riding for decades, some just started, some have lots of track experience, some dont, some have faster bikes, some dont, everyones skill level and maturity level is completely different

Sometimes there pressure to keep up, sometimes guys get competitive, if one guy is a retard and pops wheelies, the cops will be writing all of you tickets.

There are many uncontrollable variables, and you should ride solo, and your own ride.

At least until you get some years under your belt and/or are with like-minded people you have known for a while and trust

Also welcome to the forums

I'm based in Ajax, and would love to learn from experienced riders, get recommendations of beautiful routes to explore, hear helpful tips for new/cruiser/female riders, and meet up! Excited to be here and stay connected :)

Hello neighbour, I am doing my M1 exit next month and I am based in Whitby. Was thinking of getting a cruiser as well to start :)
I would love to meet up just to talk motorcycle, etc, and explore with you soon!

Back
Top Bottom