Heads Up! - buying used gear | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heads Up! - buying used gear

justride

Kijiji has lots of great deals. It's truly a buyers market. But buyer beware.
If you're looking for some unauthentic Astar gloves. Here is a quick video to spot a fake.

It would be hard to figure out the fakes without having a real pair beside.

I didn't really like the video, "the level of engineering and quality control . . .", what the? Having real leather matters a lot, both had enough stitching that assuming the thread wasn't crap (which they didn't test) that is a wash, the fake had a couple tiny cosmetic defects which doesn't matter to me, the foam and armor was a little better in the real one but at 3mm thick with a plastic load spreader I'm not convinced that matters at all. So for me the knockoffs are a solid do not buy because of pleather, but I doubt the rest matters. If the knockoff used leather and sold for $100 instead of $250 for the real ones, I would consider it (although I would rather have non-branded instead of a knock off).

Less of a problem for me - have been looking for a set of used racing boots and everybody seems to think their pair is worth like 90% of what they paid for it new

I'm going to look at some used alpinestars GP gloves today? How am I going to tell if they are fakirs bout off Ali express? The seller wants $200 bucks for them.

I'm going to look at some used alpinestars GP gloves today? How am I going to tell if they are fakirs bout off Ali express? The seller wants $200 bucks for them.
I'm not sure if you can try to look inside the thumb for kevlar (not sure if you can see it). Otherwise, it was smell/feel for real leather and wobbly stitching.

$200 bucks for used gloves is a too high. maybe $60.00

check out the sale from chromeburner.ca

I tried on a pair of kijiji alpinestars gloves 15 yrs ago, when this scam was warming up. Did not buy.
I noticed the inside stiching in the most annoying places inside the glove. Not comfortable.

I met the seller and he seemed legit. I tried on the gloves and they are in good condition. I offered $50 and he declined and I said I will think about it some more. I think the gloves are authentic because he also has for sale an alpinestars jacket that I tried on which matched the gloves. I'm mildly interested in the gloves but they are a size medium and the jacket is euro size 38 and both items are just too tight for me. However, after seeing them in person I believe them to be authentic alpinestars items.

He wanted $100 for the gloves and if they are tight and prone to palm splitting (as happened with my alpinestars cellar gloves) then I'm offering him $50. And, he's thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom