Has anyone dealt with Frank Alfano? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Has anyone dealt with Frank Alfano?

johnnyboy

http://www.trafficticketparalegal.com

He has been dealing with a ticket of mine since August, but has been providing me with misinformation regarding my ticket. I have received collections notices and a suspended liscence, but he has told me they have been reversed, yet I decided to call into collections myself and they have told me nothing has been done with respect to filing an appeal, or opening a new case. He has told me I have a new court date in December, but I can't find anything about this.

He has been dodging my calls and text messages...

What are my options here? I paid him a few months ago, and if I pay my ticket (he told me not to) then I will be found guilty, and don't want to be out the money I paid him and the money for the ticket. It's funny the courts force you to get a paralegal essentially, or they treat you disrespectfully, but when you go by their method, you're out of luck!

Any tips on what I should do/who I should speak to?

thats ****ed up
I would go camp out at his office and not leave until the matter is resolved

surely there has to be some sort of governing body that oversees paralegals (since you need to pass some sort of course to represent people in court now)
call the court and explain what happen and ask for advise on which governing body to contact

Just out of curiosity I looked at his website.

He defended a Rui Silva at the City of Burlington for doing wheelies, and he won (found not guilty).

http://trafficticketparalegal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/R-v-Silva-2010-ONCJ-121.pdf

"The defendant admitted that at the relevant time, the front wheel of his motorcycle lifted off the ground. He submitted that this incident was likely related to the fact that at the relevant time, he hadn’t been trained in the operation of the subject motorcycle."

Basically, "I did some wheelies but I actually don't know how to ride" defense, and he got away with it.

So I would think that this paralegal certainly has some skill. It is a shame that is not providing you with good service.

http://www.trafficticketparalegal.com

It's funny the courts force you to get a paralegal essentially, or they treat you disrespectfully, but when you go by their method, you're out of luck!
they don't force you to get a paralegal, very few people get them, paralegals are not nearly as good as people think, most of the time they ask for a plea bargain which you can get all by yourself and you don't get anything more special then if you represented yourself..

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/anyb...ic-ticket-fighting-services-before-1037725/2/

Keep calling until you get him, but better yet, get to his office and find him. This can all be cleared up in a 5 minute face to face conversation.

I've called over 10 times (using my number, blocked number, friend's number, left 3 messages, and messaged him twice on my iphone, which shows the messages have been read. I'm sure he's heard my messages. The issue is my ticket has gone to collections and last I spoke with him (about 3 weeks ago) he told me not to pay the ticket. So now I'm juggling between it screwing up my credit, or paying the ticket and losing the money I paid to him to fight my ticket.

I have contacted the Upper Law Society of Canada and have told him if he doesn't get back to me I will be filing a complaint with them.

Go to his office and track him down in person.

they don't force you to get a paralegal, very few people get them, paralegals are not nearly as good as people think, most of the time they ask for a plea bargain which you can get all by yourself and you don't get anything more special then if you represented yourself..

yeah i wasn't going for a plea bargain, or else I would've represented myself. i followed the recommended tips on here for getting an adjournment (requested typed disclosure, etc- and the crown didn't provide any of it) and it failed miserably, so i decided to go with a paralegal as that was the only way she offered for it to be adjourned essentially.

Go the court with all the documents you have on the ticket and check that your case has an actual set date in December, the front office can assist you in tracking your case. If there is a major problem you can call the Law Society to lodge a complaint.

Frank Alfano? That kind of rings a bell.

Out of curiosity, is this him?

13x167_733c_9.jpg

Source of the picture: Paralegal’s representative calls corruption charges ‘preposterous’

What did you do? If that lame wheelie defence can fly maybe we can cook up something equally lame.

Document everything and in the end, if you remain PO'd enough, then sue him in small claims court for his fee, the ticket cost (if any) and your increased insurance cost for the time premiums will be increased. Losing a case is one thing and perhaps would not be his fault, ignoring you is willful neglect.

Back
Top Bottom