Harley Davidson VR1000 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley Davidson VR1000

TK4

The bike H-D built to go superbike racing.
Porsche Design did the motor, which later morphed into the V-Rod.
50 of them were built, then approved for road use in Poland because they couldn't pass any of the standards in North America.
There is a big debate over how many actually got sold or just kept at the factory to be later crushed. Needless to say, not many.
If you could find one now, I imagine it would be worth a pretty penny....

Attachments

• VR1000-Streetbike.jpg
    VR1000-Streetbike.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 18
My spidey senses tell me this thread will be another harley dumpster fire

Im in.

I hope not, personally I think its the coolest bike they ever built.
I'm not a fan of the looks, but the story and the rarity make it something special.

Can you imagine trying to restore one of these? That seat would be a hell of a job to hand fabricate.

Didn't Miguel Duhamel ride one?

It was definitely a bit of a departure for Harley at the time... Fuel Injection, Overhead Cam. Dry Clutch, Watercooled, Alloy Perimeter Frame, Ohlins... Its actually pretty cool

According to this site: It is a Buell motor with Cogsworth consulting
According to this site; It was done mostly "in house" with input from Roush.
Harley Davidson VR 1000 (Which I think makes more sense. What does Eric Beull know about motors?)
And Porsche did the heads for the V Rod

I'm not a fan of the looks, but the story and the rarity make it something special.

Can you imagine trying to restore one of these? That seat would be a hell of a job to hand fabricate.
It looked a bit better as a racer. That headlight just bodged into the fairing shows how little they actually cared about the street version. It was just enough to get homologation, nothing more...

1613675064109.png

Picotte spent a lot of years trying to make it work. I have to wonder what he might have done with his career on less of a dog. I'm sure he was well compensated by HD, though, so not a total loss...

Duhamel, Crevier and Picotte all rode it, along with Scott Russell, Jay Springsteen and who knows who else.
Jordan Szoke and Chris Carr too, but I think.....Pascal had the best finish in the bike's brief history with a 2nd. It took a Canadian to go fast on a Harley.

Back
Top Bottom