Harley Davidson 2024 lineup | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley Davidson 2024 lineup

If a line of credit can be had for 7.2%, why would anyone choose in house dealer financing at 9?
To get 7.x% odds are it is a secured LOC (like a HELOC). My guess is many of the buyers don't have access to that, it is out of room (both back to the concept that many have no financial business dropping that kind of cash on a toy), or they just never opened one.

Last edited:
The Golding being a big fat profit pig for Honda doesn't surprise me though. They're also firmly aimed at the "old people with money" category.

If a line of credit can be had for 7.2%, why would anyone choose in house dealer financing at 9?
As has been said maybe no heloc? If you didn't open it when you started your mortgage, it can cost about $1000 to make it available (conceptually you are buying your house again with lawyer fees and title insurance)..

Also, as dealer makes some money from financing, it may end up cheaper. If PP got got them to include more than $400 in discounts, gear, etc, dealer loan is cheaper than heloc. Lender hopes he is not diligent and takes many years to pay off loan.

Last edited:
You spelled "mobility scooters" wrong.
Pretty much everyone I know who has a trike was once an avid two-wheeler but when age/disease hit and two-wheeling wasn't feasible anymore they transitioned to the trike because they still had the desire for the closest thing to it. I'm cool with that.

Pretty much everyone I know who has a trike was once an avid two-wheeler but when age/disease hit and two-wheeling wasn't feasible anymore they transitioned to the trike because they still had the desire for the closest thing to it. I'm cool with that.
I understand the concept, the vehicles just don't make sense to me. A miata is more fun, I don't need to wear a helmet, it probably costs less, it takes up about the same amount of garage and I have a roof if it starts raining. Once you've lost leaning, I don't see the upside. Now, if you went sidecar so you can still lean in one direction but are stable when stopped, that I could be convinced to do.

To get 7.x% odds are it is a secured LOC (like a HELOC). My guess is many of the buyers don't have access to that, it is out of room (both back to the concept that many have no financial business dropping that kind of cash on a toy), or they just never opened one.
My LOC from tangerine is at Prime. And it’s unsecured.

They run those promotions often. My HELOC is Prime + 1%.

My tangerine LOC (unsecured) is 7.2 (but only 30K available), my heloc is 7.2, CIBC LOC is 9.2 (never used but easiest way for me to access fast cash if required).

Totally fair comment, and my joke was more in jest than anything else. Same with people who have gone to a Spyer - it's all the same wind.

Prime is currently 7.2%, so that means it's a 8.2% rate right now.

I think maybe it's been a while since a lot of people looked at the interest rates on their LOCs and don't realize they've creeped up surprisingly high. I know mine has, and am glad it's zero balance right now, at least until our spring Reno's.

Last edited:
Cause old guys with bad hips need an 850 pound bike.
(great bikes I've had 2 - but why they are the go to for old guys is beyond me)

Fair observation, however I don't know what kind of sorcery they are up to on those bikes but they certainly don't feel that heavy. The benefit of having all of their weight down low I guess.

Cause old guys with bad hips need an 850 pound bike.
(great bikes I've had 2 - but why they are the go to for old guys is beyond me)

Gold Wings have a low center of gravity and don't feel like a 850 lb bike. Other nice thing about them is the relatively low seat for those tired and stiff old hips. The Tracer GT is not a hip friendly bike IMO.

You can't explain HD's appeal to a non believer. I don't get it, but I'm sure they could care less.

You can't explain HD's appeal to a non believer. I don't get it, but I'm sure they could care less.
Easy to ride when your ass is 24" off the ground.

423133524_927224062303464_6676692715167363999_n.jpg

Once you've lost leaning, I don't see the upside.

19-niken-granite-gray-action-006-05dr-1-1583470054.jpg

Paging oomis...

On a related note, I ran across a picture of a R1200GS with a two-wheel front end conversion a la Niken.

Bummed I didn't save it... If anyone can find it, send it to me, plz!

19-niken-granite-gray-action-006-05dr-1-1583470054.jpg

Paging oomis...

On a related note, I ran across a picture of a R1200GS with a two-wheel front end conversion a la Niken.

Bummed I didn't save it... If anyone can find it, send it to me, plz!
Except Niken doesn't stand up on its own at low speed. Stability isn't much different than a bike. I thought that was a miss. Locked upright below 5 km/h or so would be a game changer. There may be an issue with steering geometry though that prohibits it.

Except Niken doesn't stand up on its own at low speed. Stability isn't much different than a bike. I thought that was a miss. Locked upright below 5 km/h or so would be a game changer. There may be an issue with steering geometry though that prohibits it.

I assumed it had Tilt-Lock Assist like its three-wheeled scoot.

It doesn't. Huh. 🤷‍♂️

Niken is MIA in North America after what, 2 years ? if they sold 50 of those things in Canada I'd be shocked.

I'm just going to put this here:

harley-davidsion-cvo-pan-america-1-1024x671.jpg

$35K CDN

😲

Funny thing is that they'll sell each and every one of them.

There's a sub-culture (super-strata?) of Harley owners who snap up anything stamped with a CVO badge. Most never ride them, but keep them in the garage and just shine them up in the driveway as collector's item, putting as little mileage on them as possible.

Not sure what they're going to make of this one though: no chrome to polish... 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom