Harbour St/ North bound Yonge Street | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harbour St/ North bound Yonge Street

Dinh250R

Site Supporter
Looking for a little help.

I was going eastbound on Harbour Street and it says Left Lane exits. I wanted to turn left on Yonge street but the "Left Lane Exit" was mis-leading and I thought it was to go to Hockey Hall of Fame. I turned left on the second lane over, which is only suppose to go straight. An officer was waiting for people turning left onto Yonge Street.

What can my defence be in court?

harbour1 (1).jpg

It is to go to the hockey hall of fame (left on Yonge st from where you were).

Not much defense here. The lane and signs are marked for left turn only and straight through only. A second left lane exit yellow sign jsut before as well. It is a fishing hole since they changed it to single lane left turn only (a dumb move with all the traffic in the am. I make that left turn on my way to work.

You can always go and see if the cop won't show?

I think this would be a minor ticket and if you can only get this one in the next 3 yrs you will likely never see an increase in insurance. My insurance company (Jevco) doesn't increase increase unless you have more than 1 minor.

The second lane over used to be an optional lane, left turn or straight, but they made it a straight only. You can always say you didn't know it had changed since the last time you were there.

The second lane over used to be an optional lane, left turn or straight, but they made it a straight only. You can always say you didn't know it had changed since the last time you were there.
OP could have received either S. 144 (9) Proceed Contrary to Sign or S. 182 (2) Disobey Sign

both are absolute liability offenses, where you can't show due-dilligence

Went ahead with the trial instead of taking the lesser fine. I could not produce enough evidence.

Most people went with S. 144 (12) Failure to proceed at a green light. $60 and no points.

The officer had a whole statement written down during the trial. They just bring the statement out and read it to the judge whenever someone takes this occurrence to trial. It's such a fishing hole and easy money for them.

I did gain the knowledge of how the court system work.

Back
Top Bottom