Happy birthday Helmut. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Happy birthday Helmut.

Does Helmut still ride? I used to see him at some of the steel city riders vintage races and hare scrambles. I don't think I've seen him for a year or two though. He was still going pretty good that's for sure...and I think he's crazy running a open face helmet lol. Interesting guy.

He has ridden every event that Lawrence Hacking puts on for the last few years and i think he did the Thistle at Motopark a couple of weeks ago.

Glad to hear he still gets out there. I doubt I’ll be doing this silly dirt bike stuff 50 years from now.

Your post made me curious though so I went and checked some of our older club results. A couple years ago Helmut did our 6 hour hare scramble SOLO!! And he finished mid pack! Man in his 80’s riding a 50 year old bike. Bad ass.

Glad to hear he still gets out there. I doubt I’ll be doing this silly dirt bike stuff 50 years from now.

Your post made me curious though so I went and checked some of our older club results. A couple years ago Helmut did our 6 hour hare scramble SOLO!! And he finished mid pack! Man in his 80’s riding a 50 year old bike. Bad ass.
Try giving him a handshake. He likes putting young ones on their knees.o_O

He has ridden every event that Lawrence Hacking puts on for the last few years and i think he did the Thistle at Motopark a couple of weeks ago.

He went to the Unadilla Rewind in July. Gary had a minor heart attack a couple of weeks ago and is resting up.

I raced the Mansfield cross country with him/against him in 2010. He was on a fully restored 1978ish husqvarna 250 2t. I chased him all day and never made a pass stick. He was 72 years old and spanked me all day!
I did find out that evening that he won the ISDE in the 70's, so at least I got whipped by a champion senior citizen.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I did find out that evening that he won the ISDE in the 70's, so at least I got whipped by a champion senior citizen.

He won numerous ISDT Gold medals riding for Germany. First Canadian to win ISDT Gold after he emigrated here.

Oh, and he was on the German Olympic road race team (cycling) for Sydney in 56, but messed his foot up at work just before the Games.

HC51Agnesk.jpg

Wow, didn't know any of that. The man had tons of stamina when I raced with him, he also knew how to conserve it.
He's a very down to earth guy, and a class act.
Happy birthday Helmut!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Oooooh, nice birthday present. The 1st 1972 Zuendapp GS 125 imported into Canada by Clasen Motors fully restored with mostly NOS parts.

VXcoCgKYcCiYCzXco6BTU6w8kL6Y5p1s2-X3Kdv-WKswWw7sl18b3eImgp-kN5aay0IxkxmVmzH8Q_BcXvWJ8KQnRcwIzR_9bPTftHFRJOCoCvli5cwC2YFymxrMi7O99VYelUwevNGvJYmJD8VodnRcqcKXTexGvE8dZBvgr8_6jCo1bMWLUmHmDq0XFozBRwo0cQAYmzfRUtc4wWMVsUsZIfeBxxwr812Y3N7N6sgQr0HT9LBiKY_seEv9RHUuR998L6-ZFwOyRBRI26SbGw6pNR_MX6cHHpHYqyFQxeYbhX1ORddr0uKmI3tWeZb2pgLl7CKylvda3gbJIkIGknghZNBx_dhRZYx9pZ06B3atHtvkh6SrFtZ-nCpoteE6YwJsnUF-0hKIxq2RUfJcmpiCQkMSCkY4oCNDyW5k3_QFlbiHkCSaiICDsgp1EI-TtL_5_BcKZ4wib51kfsc-HJiaH7a-tKrPDiIGtL-fKG9em18jn63lobw_vmqNfd6o1SzgrYfmgB92NdHBV9vmdSaj_5HhMcL2zPkQVVsSg-tswvQ8hlWF1naPp-iamEJieZE1ybPz-G0m-CoMLb9whjHDCPG9-ThK4meV4KxRRbtxna6quJdBpokpPqYNoXGx_Ehsi5_t7-g4VdibZQmyLPq_ffsKmr5nh3ewYZhkl93nKeKsMU54gg=w944-h708-no

Back
Top Bottom