Hanging up the helmet for a couple years | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hanging up the helmet for a couple years

Owning one is about $
Riding them is about commitment.

Accelerating full throttle in second gear at four foot high rock faces :ROFLMAO: that takes a whole lot of commitment.

Owning one is about $
Riding them is about commitment.

Accelerating full throttle in second gear at four foot high rock faces :ROFLMAO: that takes a whole lot of commitment.
i'd wager surviving Toronto traffic takes more! :devilish:

i'd wager surviving Toronto traffic takes more! :devilish:
I survived Toronto traffic, it can be done. You have to out ride them all.
... and realize it's not a race in the speed sense.

I Imagine Anchors in concrete parking lots are not thief proof, but pretty darn close, at that point you've made it so inconvenient and the risk so great it acts as a deterrent, Cant imagine any thief wanting to risk making all that noise, getting caught, possible witnesses coming by or someone sneaking a photo that they try to steal it.

Unless of course you live in london england.

Baitbikes

I survived Toronto traffic, it can be done. You have to out ride them all.
... and realize it's not a race in the speed sense.
I meant daily friend.

I Imagine Anchors in concrete parking lots are not thief proof, but pretty darn close, at that point you've made it so inconvenient and the risk so great it acts as a deterrent, Cant imagine any thief wanting to risk making all that noise, getting caught, possible witnesses coming by or someone sneaking a photo that they try to steal it.

Unless of course you live in london england.
lol did you miss my post? Guy i know is -2 SS's with floor anchors. They just show up at 2am and go to work with power tools, 20 mins tops.

lol did you miss my post? Guy i know is -2 SS's with floor anchors. They just show up at 2am and go to work with power tools, 20 mins tops.

Too bad we dont live in texas

Who is paying 7% and 15% interest?

Asking for a friend.

No, actually, asking for me.
I used to manage my own money, got about 5.5% annual return over the last 10 years. Moved to over to a wealth adviser 2 years ago, after fees I have 8.4% YTD and annual average of 10% annual return -- that's in a very conservative risk category (not willing to lose capital at my age). Should have done that 20 years ago.

I used to manage my own money, got about 5.5% annual return over the last 10 years. Moved to over to a wealth adviser 2 years ago, after fees I have 8.4% YTD and annual average of 10% annual return -- that's in a very conservative risk category (not willing to lose capital at my age). Should have done that 20 years ago.

I might start doing this....
After 2008 I have had a hard time trusting anyone else with my money, perhaps I've seen too many movies..

Again, who is paying 7% and 15% interest?

Just buy another bike and enjoy. If it gets stolen again let insurance worry about it, that's what it's for.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
I agree -- take your insurance money and replace the bike with something similar. Sometime we get too attached to our toys -- remember they are just toys -- they are easily replaced. If your garage is not secure, spend a few bucks on a GPS tracker and bury the thing somewhere that's not immediately visible.

Sounds like this thief broke your heart. Don't let some dumbass doosh weigh heavy on you, get back in the saddle as fast as you can.

I agree -- take your insurance money and replace the bike with something similar. Sometime we get too attached to our toys -- remember they are just toys -- they are easily replaced. If your garage is not secure, spend a few bucks on a GPS tracker and bury the thing somewhere that's not immediately visible.

Sounds like this thief broke your heart. Don't let some dumbass doosh weigh heavy on you, get back in the saddle as fast as you can.
GPS is likely a waste of bread, they go hunting for this stuff in the van.

Do tell? When model T's abound and midtown was Bloor? :LOL:
Close, I do remember horse drawn milk delivery wagons.
... and I set my tent up once right where the Don Valley Parkway is now.

I remember this place when it was a nice building and had 2 Hippopotamus living in the basement.
10300476894_bc6c0ec2e8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Again, who is paying 7% and 15% interest?
There are no guarantees on investments that yield this rate of return. There are a few blue chip stocks (banks, Energy distribution) that kick off around 4% dividend, some other pref dividend like BBD.PR.C that are paying 6.25%. Mine are all in DRIP, most have had a nice ride up with the market thois year too.

There are no guarantees on investments that yield this rate of return. There are a few blue chip stocks (banks, Energy distribution) that kick off around 4% dividend, some other pref dividend like BBD.PR.C that are paying 6.25%. Mine are all in DRIP, most have had a nice ride up with the market thois year too.
DRIP and SIP is the way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom