HAMILTON Riders - Weekly rides through the back roads! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

HAMILTON Riders - Weekly rides through the back roads!

Ok, let's see how this works:

45mins from now at 7:30pm, meet at Tim Hortons on Golf Links Rd in Ancaster (http://goo.gl/maps/Yx0G). Do some back roads, about an hour ride medium-fast pace.

If i get even one reply, I'll be there at 7:30, leave at 7:40.

EDIT> The result: epic fail :) Went there at 7:20, drank my coffee until 7:45 while counting the bikes that pass on Golf Links Rd, then went on. The count: 1 x yellow Goldwing. That's all, lol :)

Last edited:
saw a couple of groups rolling around grimsby this morning. I was out doing some running around. Saw two separate groups by the McD's between 10:30 and about noon

Nobody picked a location, so I'll volunteer:

Meeting place: Tim Hortons on Golf Links Rd. http://goo.gl/maps/oKXA (coming from Toronto on 403, merge on the Linc then take fist exit, turn right and you'll see Tim on your right shortly after)

Time: start meeting 10:30, leave at 11

Pace: normal group riding pace, good for everyone

Terrain: lots of twisties, 1-2 hour ride (if I lead, I don't insist though).

@carboncat is on the road already, hope he can see this on his cell. If nobody shows up, I'll be off riding solo to my heart's contents shortly after 11 :D

Had a great ride, thanks for waiting for me to catch up all afternoon:eek:

Now I know what "normal group ride pace" means

Last edited:

Oh the sarcasm... :eek: No, obviously that was faster than "normal group ride pace", sorry. It was no problem taking breaks on major intersections and crossroads, no worries :)

When it's more bikes though, it's definitely slower all the way through, keeping the staggered formation and all. We were just 3 wild bikes today, that's all :blob2:

Sorry I missed you today. Way too sore but should be good by mid week.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm at home chillin now, thanks for the ride, nice to meet you guys, that was a fun route through Hamilton . I'll be back out there next week we can ride some more.
-TJ

You rode your own pace , nothing wrong with that at all! And if it makes you feel better, that was a slow pace for me LOL

You rode your own pace , nothing wrong with that at all! And if it makes you feel better, that was a slow pace for me LOL

Yes, I confirm, that was a pretty slow pace for a few people I've been on a ride with before. I've been waited on a few times too, so nothing wrong with running your own pace, as long as the route is known and all meet at milestone points.

@ModularGT: Since you mentioned this is your first group ride, FYI---a group ride can go the other way too. Like using the same 2 inches of your rear during the whole ride. But there'd better be some good scenery around because it's a bit boring, also body starts hurting from the prolonged static position... I guess that's why there's "riding" and "touring"?!

Back
Top Bottom