Gyrocam? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gyrocam?

SManYYZ

Does anyone know how to make a Hero2 or Contour into a gyroam like the one in this vid?
[video=youtube_share;Slx0EmJo85c]http://youtu.be/Slx0EmJo85c[/video]

BTW, this guy can ride.

Film normally, but use Sony Vegas or after effects to create the gyrocam effect. That might be an easy solution, but may not be the exact solution you're looking for.

Just trying to help! GOOD LUCK :)

You need some sort of a pendulum with a counter balance weight. Possible but likely awkward.

Sent from spaaaaace!

Can't you just install some sort of a bar/rack to hold the GoPro mount in place while allowing the GoPro to freely swing left and right? Gravity will do the rest by keeping the GoPro level with the ground.

Can't you just install some sort of a bar/rack to hold the GoPro mount in place while allowing the GoPro to freely swing left and right? Gravity will do the rest by keeping the GoPro level with the ground.

Doesn't work, it swings with the bike. GyroCams have a gyroscope to measure tilting actions and a motor to move them.

Doesn't work, it swings with the bike. GyroCams have a gyroscope to measure tilting actions and a motor to move them.

Isn't it just like a weighted string attached to a rod? No matter how you angle the rod, the string will always be perpendicular to the ground?

Isn't it just like a weighted string attached to a rod? No matter how you angle the rod, the string will always be perpendicular to the ground?

Sure, as long as the bike isn't moving. But when the bike us turning the camera will swing to the outside of the turn because it wants to keep going straight, which would be the wrong tilt. Just think of what things hanging from the mirror of a car do in a turn.

I suppose you could put the camera above the axis of a pendulum and use some gearing to invert the tilt, but I'll take the fact that it hasn't been done yet as a sign.

Ya, I can do it. The trouble is replicating just how fast and smooth the camera adjusts. A hobby servo would be fairly jerky, maybe a stepper motor, I don't know. Would need to experiment.

The professional ones I've seen are small bullet cams. If you want to do this with a gopro or something, you would also have to make the mount that allows for the turning and wont add extra shake.

That won't work on a motorcycle because of centripetal force. The weight at the end of the string will be pushed towards the outside of the curve. Like water in a bucket that you swing around.

Does anyone know how to make a Hero2 or Contour into a gyroam like the one in this vid?
[video=youtube_share;Slx0EmJo85c]http://youtu.be/Slx0EmJo85c[/video]

BTW, this guy can ride.

I dont care wat u guys say abt the camera, but this video, sir, can turn anyone shi tty day to a heavenly delight! I am enlightened...

Back
Top Bottom