Guelph grange and kearney rip. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guelph grange and kearney rip.

Damn. Left turning suv driven by a 17 yo killed a 19 yo on a motorbike. Condolences to the riders friends and family.

While I never want to see another RIP/GWS message, I'm glad some bad drivers are getting charged with careless driving causing death.

I looked up a few cases, it appears this charge comes with at least $2000 fine, 2 years probation, and a 4-year driving prohibition. Not enough, but better a slap on the wrist.

RIP Rider. Condolences to your friends and family.

While I never want to see another RIP/GWS message, I'm glad some bad drivers are getting charged with careless driving causing death.

I looked up a few cases, it appears this charge comes with at least $2000 fine, 2 years probation, and a 4-year driving prohibition. Not enough, but better a slap on the wrist.

RIP Rider. Condolences to your friends and family.
I agree with you. Mother of victim said “I don’t think it was malicious and I think this person will have to live with this themselves and I don’t want to bring further anything to this young person,”. I doubt this will move the charge/conviction needle in our favour.

I agree with you. Mother of victim said “I don’t think it was malicious and I think this person will have to live with this themselves and I don’t want to bring further anything to this young person,”. I doubt this will move the charge/conviction needle in our favour.

I guess it will be left to a Judge. I get mistakes, none the less if you want to command and control over a motor vehicle you take responsibility for safe operation and all consequences if you fail to do so. In this case, the consequence should be 1+ year in jail + 4 years of prohibition.

I'm inclined to give a 17 year old a break on a minor violation or criminal charge - say shoplifting, or stealing a bicycle - but not for a crime that injures or kills someone.

A local fella, about my age, was struck while riding his bicycle by a young girl texting while she drove. She bolted, leaving him on the road to die, (which he did). She then called the police with a fabricated story about a collision -- they figured her out, she was caught, charged, and then confessed. With the help of a wealthy family and their lawyers, she got 1 year of house arrest, 2 years probation, and a 3 year driving ban.

I wonder what kinda judge I'd make?

RIP rider.

My brother was dating a single mom and loaned his car to her son, a young driver. On a curve, another car stopped for some reason. The driver stepped out and into the line of my brother's car, was hit and killed.

The kid was over focusing on lane position and possibly there was another oncoming car on the two lane road.

The police wanted to throw the book at the kid but the widow of the driver killed went to bat for him and charges were either dropped or minimized. He was a good kid and having a serious charge against him would be counterproductive to society.

A good one.

Meh. We all know riding motorcycles is dangerous and accept the old saying "everyone is trying to kill you on the road". While I have never been in an accident in my car with a motorcycle, or even another car.... I think we can all describe an incident where we momentarily didn't see a car and especially a motorcycle in certain situations. Even an evening setting sun in your eyes is a dangerous time to be on a bike.

Sorry but if someone is not texting, and obeying the rules of the road, at the end of the day things happen. Accidents happen everyday and everywhere between cars and motorcycles. A motorcycle accident is unfortunately more catastrophic but I would never support jail time or serious criminal charges in a true ACCIDENT where something like texting or speeding/reckless was not involved. I feel like many would say the same if their family member was in this situation. Motorcycles can be hard to see, and let's be honest a lot of the motorcycle population on the road isn't exactly obeying every law especially when it comes to speed. If someone can't accept the risks of driving around 3000lbs cages of steel don't ride.

The death of that kid is tragic but I like the mother coming out and asking for compassion for the also young person who really, really screwed up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom