GTA upholstery shop for seat install | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTA upholstery shop for seat install

jonl

I just rec'd my Seat Concepts kit (foam & cover for original seat pan) for the WR250R. In the US, the going rate seems to be $20 or so for installation, which is the same as what Seat Concepts charges if you ship your seat to them, but that shipping is expensive. Like everything else motorcycle related, seat work probably costs a little more here.

I decided against doing my own, as an electric or pneumatic stapler is expensive, and not something I own or think I would use enough to justify the expense.

I would appreciate suggestions of shops that have done seat work for you. I found some upholstery shops using Google, but I want it done right the first time, so referrals are best.

Thank you.

I took my Seat Concepts for my KTM 690 to Manny's Auto Trim and Glass, 1974 Dundas St W. When I first went there, they were working on some classic cars, so I figured they'd do a decent job. Im happy with the job they did on my seat.

I took my Seat Concepts for my KTM 690 to Manny's Auto Trim and Glass, 1974 Dundas St W. When I first went there, they were working on some classic cars, so I figured they'd do a decent job. Im happy with the job they did on my seat.

Thanks Joe. I dropped off my seat and kit with Manny.

Last edited:

Seat Concepts, carbon pattern material, for WR250R

Just picked up my seat from Manny. Looks great, and I am very pleased.

Manny's is at 1974 Dundas St West (at Sorauren Ave.), 416.534.3653

Last edited:

Seat Concepts, carbon pattern material, for WR250R

Just picked up my seat from Manny. Looks great, and I am very pleased.

Manny's is at 1974 Dundas St West (at Sorauren Ave.), 416.534.3653

Price?

How are you enjoying your seat? My seat cover and foam ripped during transport (another bike's clutch lever impaled it!) and I'm considering ordering a Seat Concepts replacement.

Is the installation provided by Manny holding up OK? I guess you likely haven't had much seat time on it yet though with this weather...

How are you enjoying your seat? My seat cover and foam ripped during transport (another bike's clutch lever impaled it!) and I'm considering ordering a Seat Concepts replacement.

Is the installation provided by Manny holding up OK? I guess you likely haven't had much seat time on it yet though with this weather...

Seat Concepts seat is a bit wider, seems more comfortable. Keep in mind that:

- - I last rode with the OEM seat 5 months ago so not a side-by-side comparison
- I have only ridden 75 km with the new one, no 3 hour rides

As far as I can tell, Manny's install was perfect. I wish I had asked for stainless steel staples, just because it seems like a good idea, not because I have corrosion already.

My seat is all carbon, which looks great. It is slipperier than the OEM fabric though; if doing it over, I might consider gripper top and carbon sides.

Back
Top Bottom