GTA has some of the most boring / amazing motorcycle riding in the world. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTA has some of the most boring / amazing motorcycle riding in the world.

That’s why beer was invented
The water is so chlorinated there you can't even use it in cooking, use bottled water for you cooking.
Unless you make your mashed potatoes with beer,
I never tried that :unsure: that might be good!

The water is so chlorinated there you can't even use it in cooking, use bottled water for you cooking.
Unless you make your mashed potatoes with beer,
I never tried that :unsure: that might be good!
I might try making some sourdough with stout soon. Nothing better to do.

Cheese bread on the go here right now, sent the wife for supplies
Wife! ug, hungry, go buy costco quantities of food! & take protection!

Oh oh ! I don't think the cheese bread is suppose to be puffed all the way up until it's pressed against the window of the bread maker, is it :|

Last edited:
My favourite day ride from the GTA is backroads to the 518, then across to do the roads north of Haliburton like Kennisis Lake Rd and Harburn Road and then backroads home.
I like Elephant Lake, Deep Bay, Glamorgan and a lot of smaller roads in the Minden-Haliburton-Bancroft area. All within a nice day's ride there and back. Going to do more riding north of North Bay this season -- taking the USA off my GPS for a while.

Yes it is, but lots of ice, and friken cold! The only time I found powder conditions was one time a Jay Peaks. Felt so unusual to find it out east.
Quebec city can have tons of pow...just gotta go on snow days. To them 15-30cm snow falls are normal. I get footage from my friends that still live there all the time and its frustrating. Jays Peak is awesome! I've done a few cottage trips there over the years and i've loved it.

Bored of these straight roads just dotted with houses all along em, sucks we gotta travel hours to get some decent riding in.
Never had a problem living in Ontario until I started liking motorcycles and cars lmao now I wanna move out west

Bored of these straight roads just dotted with houses all along em, sucks we gotta travel hours to get some decent riding in.
Never had a problem living in Ontario until I started liking motorcycles and cars lmao now I wanna move out west

It's as good as you think it is.

Just Bring Cash (BC).

Lots of it.

Quebec city can have tons of pow...just gotta go on snow days. To them 15-30cm snow falls are normal. I get footage from my friends that still live there all the time and its frustrating. Jays Peak is awesome! I've done a few cottage trips there over the years and i've loved it.
What about that road up to Alma ! That must be a nice ride other then the speed enforcement issues.

What's wrong with Florida, all year riding?? I did a drive from Sarasota to Tampa following the coast, was a great drive, I am sure it would be horrible on a bike.... ;) :sneaky:

Nice weather, but mosquitos, flat, straight roads.

Wouldn't mind taking a bike down to Key West though.

It's as good as you think it is.

Just Bring Cash (BC).

Lots of it.

It's not that Good, my girlfriend lives there, i visit 3-4 times a year. First thing i noticed and still see is how arrogant BC people are, they have a hatred toward Toronto and think they live in paradise and should be worthy of their costs. In reality it's a wet climate, with expensive fuel and monopoly of insurance over run with a wildfire rent/house market, and under paid salaries. She's had overseas buyers knock on their house door and offer upwards of 1.5mil+ cash for their house, infact my cousins sold their house near crescent beach a few years back in such a deal, and still live there, owner is somewhere in Asia.

Then the homeless crowd and crime, I found it so odd how gas stations have hoards of homeless people at night staring you down. And these aren't your friendly neighbourhood homeless, these are ex-criminals and people with mental issues who have no meds and a hate for the prices and people who ruined their city. Then the fact they sold Whistler.

Now if one doesn't care for "warmer" weather, I'd say Calgary is heaps better, my sister and her husband live there, he used to live in BC. Alongside many other cousins I know who left BC for Alberta and haven't looked back. Better rockies, they can afford houses, salaries are good (none are in oil, so stable), insurance and rent is dirt cheap. If I could stand the weather's mood swings and dry air, I'd be there before BC

How many times can we ride the forks?
I think I’ve only been a couple times in the last 10 years
But in regards to your question I guess you can ride it as many times as you want

what’s your favourite day ride from the city
I’m west of most of you guys and like to do short rides to either Grand Bend or Kincardine
Ive found some great places to stop at for lunch or whatever.
Ontario is one giant checker board and I get sick of it quickly.
My favorite places would be PA or OH or WV

What’s your rant that you wished you lived in another part of the country or world.
I dont have a rant.
I would love to retire in BC

There's going to be some cheap realestate in Alberta in the years ahead...and Calgary is pretty darned close to some really...really nice riding roads.

Future motorcycle retiree community perhaps. ;)

I’m west of most of you guys and like to do short rides to either Grand Bend or Kincardine
Curious what is in Kincardine? I am sure I have did the route from Grand Bend up to Suable Beach but don't remember anything significant around there. Might have to go find out for myself now.

It's not that Good, my girlfriend lives there, i visit 3-4 times a year. First thing i noticed and still see is how arrogant BC people are, they have a hatred toward Toronto and think they live in paradise and should be worthy of their costs. In reality it's a wet climate, with expensive fuel and monopoly of insurance over run with a wildfire rent/house market, and under paid salaries. She's had overseas buyers knock on their house door and offer upwards of 1.5mil+ cash for their house, infact my cousins sold their house near crescent beach a few years back in such a deal, and still live there, owner is somewhere in Asia.

Then the homeless crowd and crime, I found it so odd how gas stations have hoards of homeless people at night staring you down. And these aren't your friendly neighbourhood homeless, these are ex-criminals and people with mental issues who have no meds and a hate for the prices and people who ruined their city. Then the fact they sold Whistler.

Now if one doesn't care for "warmer" weather, I'd say Calgary is heaps better, my sister and her husband live there, he used to live in BC. Alongside many other cousins I know who left BC for Alberta and haven't looked back. Better rockies, they can afford houses, salaries are good (none are in oil, so stable), insurance and rent is dirt cheap. If I could stand the weather's mood swings and dry air, I'd be there before BC

Sounds like you're talking about Vancouver.

BC ≠ Vancouver

There's a whole province full of other towns and cities with different climates, attitudes, crime rates, etc. And it doesn't rain everywhere in the province. South Okanagan is technically a desert based on its low annual precipitation levels.

But yes, the gas and insurance are expensive everywhere in the province though...

a light house.
Well then it's on I will go there sometime this summer. I've tried the past 2 to get to Point Abino Lighthouse, with no luck, might as well try another.

Well then it's on I will go there sometime this summer. I've tried the past 2 to get to Point Abino Lighthouse, with no luck, might as well try another.

Tried that one as well. Homeowner rushed out in front of us blocking the road and threatened to call the police if we didn’t immediately leave.

There aren't that many videos on YouTube with the Forks of The Credit. It's a nice road, great scenery, excellent vibe. A lot of slow drivers taking in the scenery tho, so it's hard to ride it fast without getting into trouble. There's a lot of wipeouts at 4:30 here where this GSX-R 1000 gets on the throttle. There's always a little moisture / runoff from the hill there that catches new riders every time. In the old days you would see amateur photographers parked at the train tracks:

Haliburton used to be a great ride, but the roads are a bit rough now. Winter / snowplows / salt take a toll on those northern roads.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Back
Top Bottom