Ground's still a little cold and wet... is it too early to start riding? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ground's still a little cold and wet... is it too early to start riding?

What a crummy start to the season. I'm looking at the 14 day forecast and the highs never get above single digits. Most years I will have taken the bike out at least once in March. :(

I'm well over 1,000 km. Who told you it has to be above single digits? Besides, the dash on my bike said it was 12 degrees today. Absolute scorcher. Even the neighbour and his buddy were out on their Honda 500s with $20 exhaust pipes making fart sounds.

Y'all hate motorcycles too much. Just go out and ride :)

Out for 3 hrs this afternoon, 8 -10c and sunny was refreshing!

First big ride is April 14, doing one of my faves, 84 from Capreol to Shining Tree, then Pine Rd to Timmins. Returning 144 (if you haven't done 144, think 4 hr version of the 507. )

1700 km, 2 days... no particular reason.

Out for 3 hrs this afternoon, 8 -10c and sunny was refreshing!

First big ride is April 14, doing one of my faves, 84 from Capreol to Shining Tree, then Pine Rd to Timmins. Returning 144 (if you haven't done 144, think 4 hr version of the 507. )

1700 km, 2 days... no particular reason.
Are the 566 & 560 not better than the 144?

Are the 566 & 560 not better than the 144?
560-566 is good if you take 11 North. 11 is VERY BORING till the 560 cutoff at Englehsrt, I prefer going to Sudbury, then Capreol and take the logging highway to Shining tree. Then catch Pine rd (566) North to Timmins.

144 is all beautifully paved, no traffic and you can run fast. I ran my FJR at 200+ for 150km from the watershed to 101 without seeing another car.

First big ride is April 14, doing one of my faves, 84 from Capreol to Shining Tree
When did you last do this run? I did it 2 or 3 summers ago and there is a washout around the midway point on that road. I doubt it's fixed yet.

Cold never bothered me, and I regularly ride if the temperature is above 0. Watch the road ahead of you and you'll be fine!

What really gets me is high wind; anything over 45km winds is too much for me! I love riding, but I hate dealing with strong winds or gusts.

EDIT - I should add, when I feel lazy, my cutoff numbers change to 10 degrees minimum and 35km max wind speed!

When did you last do this run? I did it 2 or 3 summers ago and there is a washout around the midway point on that road. I doubt it's fixed yet.
Oct last year, northbound on 144, South on Pine. Don't recall a washout.

I guess it's fixed then. Why don't you come down through quebec on the 101? It's a nicer ride than the 144 or the 11.

Technically not my first ride of 2023 today, but the Feb ride felt like it counted as part of last season. New season, new things to fix! (speedo on TL1000S is... drunk?)
I'm not sure if it was you, or not.......looking for a tiller?
In case it was you.....There's one here......(if not.....nevermind....lol)

I'm not sure if it was you, or not.......looking for a tiller?
In case it was you.....There's one here......(if not.....nevermind....lol)

It was me! I do have a nice '97 now, but I have actually visited this guy before. He used to hang out here as TLDeano. He had some interesting stuff

Back
Top Bottom