GP Bikes BMW MVAgusta | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP Bikes BMW MVAgusta

I dealt with Budds for my car when I moved back to Ontario, my Jag needed DRLs and a factory statement of compliance to complete importation. Jaguar Canada required an inspection at a dealer to certify the car had not been altered before they issued the compliance letter. If I recall it was quick and easy... and $900 in 2002.
So in current money that is about $1400 for basically a safety inspection. No wonder they were happy. I wonder how much went to the tech and how much the dealer kept. I doubt they paid the tech 8 hours for that.

Always interesting to see how different dealers deal with customers, went in to GP recently to buy a bike, walked around for 2 hours with 0 interactions.

To be fair to them, everyone was just busy dealing with other customers, I too must look like a bum
I didnt get annoyed, eventually someone found me, but the bike is sold out in the country 🤷‍♂️

So in current money that is about $1400 for basically a safety inspection. No wonder they were happy. I wonder how much went to the tech and how much the dealer kept. I doubt they paid the tech 8 hours for that.
The car was bone stock, 1 year old car. I don't think it was even a safety, just a Jag Canada tax ( car was bought in the USA. They did supply and install the undocumented DRLs sensor upgrade... a 12" wire... a Canadian requirement that wasn't standard on US cars.

In contrast, GMC sent tgd compliance letter on our Suburban for free, and it had DRLs standard.

From what I've been told by a 'usually reliable source', over the last few years pretty much all BMW cars and motorcycles are presold before they've even landed. The sales staff is just there to process the paperwork.

Always interesting to see how different dealers deal with customers, went in to GP recently to buy a bike, walked around for 2 hours with 0 interactions.

To be fair to them, everyone was just busy dealing with other customers, I too must look like a bum
I didnt get annoyed, eventually someone found me, but the bike is sold out in the country 🤷‍♂️
If you’re busy you’re busy and that’s a valid excuse. If you’re goi my to get a helmet from the back for someone you can’t help someone else out. It’s different if there’s salesman sitting around chatting who would rather turn their nose up instead of offering assistance.

Have you tried budds? I was very unimpressed when I went. I don't think their sales staff cared about bike buyers at all. They wanted to sell cars with a bigger kick for them. I haven't been back in decades.
I’ve had great experiences with Budds. Sales and service. Wife has had the same positive experiences. BMW Toronto could hardly be bothered to give her pricing, so she called Budds and ended up putting down a deposit same day.

From what I've been told by a 'usually reliable source', over the last few years pretty much all BMW cars and motorcycles are presold before they've even landed. The sales staff is just there to process the paperwork.
Unless you want an R18….they’ll pay you to take one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
I always go toy shopping dressed like the peasant I am. I find most dealers are courteous, I only recall one bad experience, an MB sales rep was sent over to me by his boss, I think he may gave been busy waiting for somebody who looked richer. First thing he says to me is "you don't look like you can afford to shop here"

:ROFLMAO:Sounds like the time my parents went to an open house and the realtor told them it's probably out of their budget.

Back
Top Bottom