GP Bikes BMW MVAgusta | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP Bikes BMW MVAgusta

MV Augusta makes sense - they're being handled in North America by the KTM people.
I thought BMW was trying to go with one line/exclusive stores, I wonder why the change ?

I am wondering if it had anything to do with closing of Maranello Motor Sport a few years ago. They had BMW and Ducati. Then they only kept BMW and moved to a car dealership I believe.

Good to see GP Bikes expanding and staying strong. Especially these days where its becomming more challenging to find an actual place with decent service and good inventory to see and purchase in person.

This also explains why I noticed last week that they are expanding their building.

I'm happy for GP's success. They are a well run dealership and Jerry's built a solid business from pretty humble beginnings in the old Ajax plaza. I've been a customer since those days.

But, I'm a bit concerned that they're stretching themselves a bit thin. They're going to need to REALLY bulk up their service department to look after Ducati, KTM, Husqvarna, Gas Gas, Honda, BMW, MV Augusta and an assortment of electric bicycles. I'm sure Ducati and BMW in particular have specific demands/standards regarding the service delivered to their customers and I wonder if that focus won't come at the expense of other customers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of the brands dropped.

Ducati, allow another italian brand? 🤔

There's been a big gap in BMW motorcycle presence east of TO since Endras closed a few years ago. It's nice to hear GP is going to fill that space. I've always had a good experience there.

GP makes sense for MV. Hell, any place makes sense compared to Royal Distributing.
Yup, I’ll never forget the time I walked into Royal with a buddy who got scolded by an idiot sales staff when he tried to sit on the MV for sale on the floor. That buddy had just sold his tech company for millions and was looking for bikes to blow some money on. We went down the road where he bought a new Ducati and CVO Harley.

Yup, I’ll never forget the time I walked into Royal with a buddy who got scolded by an idiot sales staff when he tried to sit on the MV for sale on the floor. That buddy had just sold his tech company for millions and was looking for bikes to blow some money on. We went down the road where he bought a new Ducati and CVO Harley.

Yep, I can look like a bit of a skid sometimes, so I appreciate it when a sales guy cares more about the colour of my money rather than how I look or dress.

Yep, I can look like a bit of a skid sometimes, so I appreciate it when a sales guy cares more about the colour of my money rather than how I look or dress.
I always go toy shopping dressed like the peasant I am. I find most dealers are courteous, I only recall one bad experience, an MB sales rep was sent over to me by his boss, I think he may gave been busy waiting for somebody who looked richer. First thing he says to me is "you don't look like you can afford to shop here"

Glad to see they are doing well. They will have to do some renos Im assuming, last time I was there Ducati had a nice little secluded area to themselves - Im sure BMW or MV would want the same novelty. Funny to see everyone feels the same way for Royal Distributing, it feels like a hole in the wall flea market with merchandise just scattered everywhere. I went there looking for gloves years ago and it had motorcycle, snowmobile, cycling and I swear weightlifting gloves all just tossed together.

I always go toy shopping dressed like the peasant I am. I find most dealers are courteous, I only recall one bad experience, an MB sales rep was sent over to me by his boss, I think he may gave been busy waiting for somebody who looked richer. First thing he says to me is "you don't look like you can afford to shop here"
Have you tried budds? I was very unimpressed when I went. I don't think their sales staff cared about bike buyers at all. They wanted to sell cars with a bigger kick for them. I haven't been back in decades.

Have you tried budds? I was very unimpressed when I went. I don't think their sales staff cared about bike buyers at all. They wanted to sell cars with a bigger kick for them. I haven't been back in decades.
That's a good update as I haven't been to see them since they didn't care to sell me two bikes (for my brother and I) in the middle of winter of 2013. It was probably a good thing cuz it was my brother that pushed the brand when I wasn't too impressed with the particular model he wanted.

I hear however that they love to service their customers after purchase tho....

That BMW Ajax dealer was the same way. I walked I. To the bike department and looked around interested but no one came over to me. Normally I would have just gone and spoke to a sales staff member if they were busy but 3 sales staff chilling at a desk looked over at me then back to their convo and I could see they didn’t give a rats ass about me so I just left.

That BMW Ajax dealer was the same way. I walked I. To the bike department and looked around interested but no one came over to me. Normally I would have just gone and spoke to a sales staff member if they were busy but 3 sales staff chilling at a desk looked over at me then back to their convo and I could see they didn’t give a rats ass about me so I just left.
Exactly the same. I wonder if "how to be a pompous ass" is part of the training.

Same experience. Ready to buy a new bike, itching to spend, model sitting on the floor and nobody who worked there cared. I asked for help and "somebody would be right over." After about 10 minutes I left.

I rode an '87 K100RS for 18 years that I bought from the shop on Warden that became continental. When they closed I went to Woodbridge and after that to the Whitby location (not Endras). After they ditched the MC only dealers the service and purchase experience became absolute crap in my opinion including the experience at the bike shows. The first word that comes to mine is arrogant, and the second is F-em!

I dealt with Budds for my car when I moved back to Ontario, my Jag needed DRLs and a factory statement of compliance to complete importation. Jaguar Canada required an inspection at a dealer to certify the car had not been altered before they issued the compliance letter. If I recall it was quick and easy... and $900 in 2002.

Back
Top Bottom