Good Wheel Motors, Toronto...Anyone heard of them? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good Wheel Motors, Toronto...Anyone heard of them?

So if someone comes in in April with cash , there gonna get "your" bike cause you didn't put a deposit on it LOL

Your comments are wholly corrosive, they have no merit, and worst of all they have zero factual relevance that sir makes you a Troll !!

Your comments are wholly corrosive, they have no merit, and worst of all they have zero factual relevance that sir makes you a Troll !!

Despite the fact that numerous different member on the previous page of this thread have posted the exact same thing, I guess this means we are all trolls or your head is in the sand......

I wonder which one it is?

And with that i will heed George Carlin's advice, and remove myself from further commenting in this thread.

Not sure how the seller thinks the new buyer is "going to save on taxes too" Maybe he doesn't realize the the new owner will have to pony up the HST on the bike, (albeit less than he did).

My assumption would be because he is willing to write a far lesser sale price. Since bikes have no book value at the MTO, you pay tax on what the CLAIMED sale price is.

Ummmm I guess you're new. The service dept will do the job without a deposit because they have your car already. No dealership will order you a new car without a deposit. That's not a get over myself that's a fact. I guess you're special :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I just bought a car and required no deposit. They didn't have what I wanted on their lot, so they ordered one with the options I wanted and colour and I paid for it when it arrived. All they did get a photocopy of my trade in cars ownership.

Last edited:
I just bought a car and required no deposit. They didn't have what I wanted on their lot, so they ordered one with the options I wanted and colour and I paid for it when it arrived. All they did get a photocopy of my trade in cars ownership.

Did you actually go in and sign something?

Did you actually go in and sign something?
No nothing was signed. I was given a copy of a work sheet they used to give me a total of what I owed and the value of my trade. It took a couple of weeks to get the car, and when it arrived they requested a bank draft. They did also have a photo copy of my license. When I got there I signed over my ownership and they slapped on my plates to the new vehicle. But it wasn't till than that I signed any bill of sale. Very smooth transition. Cambridge Toyota if anyone is interested. Too bad they don't sell bikes lol.
I did have an experience with BMW Toronto where they took my bike in on a trade sight unseen on one of their new bikes. I thought that was odd since they were trusting my evaluation of the condition of my bike. They also required a copy of the ownership beforehand. I did put down a deposit. Once again a very smooth and excellent transition. Great sales staff.
Just thought I'd put my experiences. Maybe I got lucky.

It's ultimately the dealers discretion. But if they approached colyns kijiji ad, and saw his stable of motorcycles in the pictures, had several conversations and email exchanges, it's pretty easy to conclude he is not a typical kijiji tire kicker.

@JPR: sounds like it was just a matter of the dealership bringing the existing car from somewhere else. Had that done before. So really the dealership is out nothing, other that trying to sell it to someone else if you didn't actually close the deal.

JPR have you dealt with this particular dealer previously to trading in your current vehicle?

When I got my bike last year I didn't put down a deposit, BUT that was because the vehicle, (ATV), I was trading in I had purchased there new and it was always serviced there. So they KNEW the condition of the vehicle, (it had been in for servicing the month before). I also deal with the sales manager on various other transactions. When I choose the bike I wanted they didn't ask for anything (the monetary value difference with full warranty etc was $2,000 to them). I asked if they wanted the ownership or anything to "hold" the bike while they serviced it and got it ready.

They said no we deal with you it is fine. He then said IF it was a person off the street then yes they would want a deposit OR the ownership for the ATV before they serviced the motorcycle.

So it really is up to the dealership. I see that GWM, (and I have NEVER been to them nor dealt in ANY fashion with them), did nothing wrong. Colyn, you have "always" dealt like this, and good for you that it has never gone south on you. In this case you had no previous relationship with GWM, you "felt" you had a deal, but obviously for their own reasons they didn't feel that same way. They were perfectly within their rights to sell the bike to someone who was willing to "step up" with a deposit or cash payment. I agree they didn't ask for a deposit but neither did you OFFER one to secure the deal. If they had a deposit and still sold the bike then I would agree 100% with you they are at best a "shady operation" but seeing they had nothing signed nor a deposit from you, then they made the RIGHT business decision take the cash when it is offered.

JPR just because he had two bikes to trade and had "talked to them", (via phone and email), doesn't mean he is not a tire kicker. SERIOUS buyers pony up CASH. I have sold a few things on Kijiji, (in fact right now my trailer is on the site), I have had a few express, "sincere interest" and then when it comes time for the "rubber to meet the road" They back out or "found something else better" at the last minute. Now only a CASH deposit holds ANYTHING. Even if you say your "on your way" if someone else arrives with cash in hand then it is "first come first served"

Colyn: glad you found another bike that you want, if it were me I would go to BMW, with $500 cash as deposit, (they will likely take a VISA number or paypal, so you don't have to drive there in person), then you won't get burned again

Last edited:
It was my first dealings with this dealership. The car had an upgraded factory stereo installed an aftermarket spoiler installed at the dealership prior to being picked up. The deal was done prior to me being there because the car was in my name and proof of instance needed to be supplied to transfer plates. But I do agree, it's a sellable car if our deal fell through. Now if I ordered it in a odd colour I could understand the need for a deposit. Regardless I feel it was very good customer service on their end. Had they sold it before I got it, it would have upset me and they would have lost the sale and subsequently all the maintenance. It's a cut throat business out there.
Im not harping on GWM's. I've never dealt with them, I was just showing some examples I've encountered. If it's their policy to have a deposit I can understand. But why not ask for it?
lol this example may sound crazy but if I were to make an appointment with a barber and someone came off the street and took it because they had money in hand, I'd be ******, maybe that's why I can see Colyns perspective. I guess maybe it's old school customer service.
It seems like the lowballers and no shows due to the free kijiji site is ruining any trust. I'm used to the paid auto trader ads and phone calls. It seems to easy to shoot out offers through kijiji and be anonymous and never have to show. Trust me I know my dirt bike is in kijiji now. lol

I'm with Colyn on this one. First and foremost a business is a about relationships and I will not be dealing with anyone who does not stand behind their words. I don't care who walks in and how big their cheque book is if I already have a deal.

If the shop had an ounce of decency then all they had to do was call Colyn and say, I know we have a deal but I have a guy here apparently with his "cheque book" so I am giving you the FIRST REFUSAL, so give me a deposit now or don't hold me to anything. This is the way to conduct business and all well run business transactions are conducted this way.

2 sides to every story, were only getting one. Which is why it's not fair to bash the company, because there not here to defend themselves. There's nothing more to it then that.

Dear SlayerofSouls, I'm sure that you are aware that the bike that you had purchased from us is used. Unfortunately we can not guaranty that all used Duc's come with code cards or manuals, its not like we take them out and keep them from you. We can not call Ducati North America on your behalf since we are not a registered owner of the bike, they simply will not discus this matter with us. You had finished our conversation by threating to call OMVIC, which is your right to do, without explaining of why do you need the code card. If its a key copy that you were after? We can get Ducati keys cut and programmed for you without a card. We are trying to assist every customer with their requests but some of them can not be resoled by us. We are responsible for the quality of every bike that we sell and we stand behind this promise to our customers. Best regards. Boris

GoodWheels, I understand the bike I purchased from you was used and I do accept the flaws associated with buying a used bike. I did order a lot of screws etc from Ducati as they were missing from the fairings which is part of buying a used bike.

I lost one key and the risk of not having a key card could potentially be a serious issue. Yes I am looking to get a key made.

The overall experience was good (I did make a post to stress this), however, when my emails are unanswered and no alternative solution was provided, it can be a frustrating experience. Not to mention, whomever I spoke to at one point was very rude and closed off. Had a mature response been provided e.g., "since we are not a registered owner of the bike, they simply will not discuss this matter with us". then I would have understood as that is a very professional response.

I am a reasonable person, but a response like "not my problem" is not acceptable to me.

But I think they offered to make you a key at the time, didn't they? Can't remember, it was a few pages ago.

But I think they offered to make you a key at the time, didn't they? Can't remember, it was a few pages ago.

Not initially. The response they provided on this forum was a lot more supportive than what I received over the phone/email

its obviously still a compromise but an somewhat "acceptable" one.

Reading through this thread is interesting but it's been blown up a lot. Colyn posted his experience and opinion and it is just that; HIS personal opinion/experience. People can take it however they want in the end but he is letting us know about his experience, which is the purpose of the thread. Beyond that, if money isn't an issue for him, I am sure there are many more bikes out there he can afford (I think he said he bought a bike elsewhere anyway) so why fret so much over this everybody? It's not the end of the world, he found something else and all is well in the world.

At issue is Colyn's understanding of a verbal contract.
Verbal contracts ARE binding... IF both parties agree there is a contract.
I have no problem seeing how the dealer did not think there was a contract when all they had some guy with no prior relationship on the phone.
In Colyn's case the dealer did not think there was a contract so there was no contract. For a contract to be valid both parties have to agree to the contract... verbal or otherwise.
If Colyn was at the dealer in person and said something like "I'll take the bike, I'll return on day "X" to collect and pay "y" amount of dollars for the bike" and the dealer agreed; that would be a vebal contract. Both parties face to face (so they both know who they are entering into a contract with) and agreeing to terms.
You would be hard pressed to enforce a contract stuck over the phone between two parties that have never met (or had a prior relationship) or discussed actual terms.

Back
Top Bottom