Good Wheel Motors, Toronto...Anyone heard of them? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good Wheel Motors, Toronto...Anyone heard of them?

Ok just to conclude... We had a deal they never asked me for a deposit I assumed the deal was good I said I'd be there on a certain then they sold the bike the very same day, and as it turns out the bike is a US bike this was not in the description in the ad on Kijiji

A verbal or email agreement is not a binding contract.

If i was in your situation two hours away from the dealership, and the bike was the "one" i had to buy, i would have placed a deposit on it for my own piece of mind.

And further more Brian, have you had any dealings with GWM at all ?? because I have, if not really, should you even be contributing to this thread????
Brian can make an interpretation of your post and give his opinion, that is what forums are used for, you post something and people give their opinions based on their experiences. The fact he may or not have dealt with that specific dealership is of np consequence, he is making an interpretation of what you posted.

I sold a bike for the first time this last fall (I hate selling anything) and judging my experience with the general public, if i was a business I would not consider any agreements unless there is a deposit.

When I want to buy something, i give a deposit! until then I do not expect for the business to hold it for me.

Colyn,
It's unreasonable for you to expect a retail business to take you on your word the first time dealing with you. They have to operate on the idea that you aren't going to show up... until you do. I can see you point IF you've bought a dozen bikes from them previously, but you haven't.... so the expectation that they hold a bike, and pass on other offers, on your word is ridiculous....

Simple counterpoint to "verbal agreement can be binding" is "PROVE IT".

If the response to "prove it" is "you can't", then you ain't got squat.

People selling vehicles (includes dealers) have to deal with so many tire kickers and wannabes that there is only one thing that really matters, and that's cash on the barrelhead with your signature on a purchase agreement. THAT'S IT.

Colyn,
It's unreasonable for you to expect a retail business to take you on your word the first time dealing with you. They have to operate on the idea that you aren't going to show up... until you do. I can see you point IF you've bought a dozen bikes from them previously, but you haven't.... so the expectation that they hold a bike, and pass on other offers, on your word is ridiculous....

I have acknowledged already the points bought up in any case....THEY DID NOT ASK FOR A DEPOSIT... if so I would have given them a credit card number you all seem to be missing that fact? you all are saying it's my fault because you presume I should have taken the initiative and gave them a deposit ?? I have never had to do that before especially in retail ? Every new bike I have bought or used bike, if asked I'd leave a deposit but once again I was not asked to I cannot fathom why you guys keep saying money talks or money is king or tough if you don't go in person the thread was about experience with GWM this is mine my opinion seems not to matter once agin the fact is we had a verbal agreement I was not asked for a deposit they sold the bike to some one else in my opinion they are not a company of their word that is a fact so buyer beware.
I'm not going to waste my time replying again because this thread is off topic, it'd be interesting however if any representative of GWM has any comments to make I suspect not though... It may have perhaps been courteous for a call to confirm I actually was serious a out the purchase and trade before they sold the bike to someone else. in Retrospect $15,900 for a used 2012 S1000RR is the top end of the price range, that bike is no longer offered in that colour however a new 2014 is only $17,450 some $1,500 more !! But because this bike was going to be a track/ road bike I did not want to buy a brand new one... Again just a preference..

Simple counterpoint to "verbal agreement can be binding" is "PROVE IT".

If the response to "prove it" is "you can't", then you ain't got squat.

People selling vehicles (includes dealers) have to deal with so many tire kickers and wannabes that there is only one thing that really matters, and that's cash on the barrelhead with your signature on a purchase agreement. THAT'S IT.

All very tue.... but that doesn't change the fact that verbal agreements are legally binding.

Just ended up concluding a deal on a 2014 with Endras BMW they are taking both my 2013 675 R and my S1000 RR as a trade the bike will not be here until April.....guess what they did not ask for deposit but I know that come April the deal will still be good because its not GWM I am dealing with now.

Did u sign any paperwork
Nope and I have not given any deposit this is the way I'm used to doing business, I have not even taken my trades yet... It's what you can expect from a normal dealership... Oh and by the way it'll be a Cad spec bike too...

Nope and I have not given any deposit this is the way I'm used to doing business, I have not even taken my trades yet... It's what you can expect from a normal dealership... Oh and by the way it'll be a Cad spec bike too...

I'm glad you're happy and i hope it all works out for you, but seriously if the bike gets delayed, or they revoke/change their minds on your trade, or decide to sell the bike to another customer you are still back at square one because you don't have anything signed.
Endras has the bike on order already obviously,it's due in for April, and if the deal with you falls through there will probably be another five customers in line to buy that bike.
Not harping on you, just hope you won't be in the same situation come riding season without the bike you wanted.

Last edited:
I've still never heard of people "doing business" that way and I've worked in the car industry for 20 years. I guess you must be above the rest of us who they require deposits and signatures from. Sadly Dodge wouldn't order me a viper when I told them not to worry I was good for it. :rolleyes: I know if I walked in and they told me "oh that's sold" and I found out there was no deposit no signed nada I'd never deal with a place like that again. Good luck anyways. That is a really nice bike you're after

I've still never heard of people "doing business" that way and I've worked in the car industry for 20 years. I guess you must be above the rest of us who they require deposits and signatures from. Sadly Dodge wouldn't order me a viper when I told them not to worry I was good for it. :rolleyes: I know if I walked in and they told me "oh that's sold" and I found out there was no deposit no signed nada I'd never deal with a place like that again. Good luck anyways. That is a really nice bike you're after

Dude get over yourself, GWM DID NOT ASK ME FOR A DEPOSIT THEY SOLD THE BIKE TO SOMEONE ELSE WHEN WE HAD A VERBAL DEAL. What part of that sentence do you not understand????? that was the vein of the thread, and no the BMW dealer has not asked for a deposit and yes the bike will be there for me as promised and no I don't believe I am above anybody, I'm just a big believer it honesty and trust, I work in the business too when we carry out a big repair job. Multiple thousand dollar jobs, we don't ask for deposits upfront we just get the customer to agree to the work most times over the phone then we carry on. Obviously o cannot grasp that concept??

the bike he "ordered" was probbly a dealer order already on its way.

Excuse me I did not "order" the bike the dealer told me one was being built at the beginning of April !! I cannot quite understand the purpose of your comment?? you guys are hilarious...Really

Back
Top Bottom