Good rates for Harley insurance?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good rates for Harley insurance??

mac_135

I'm considering either a sportster 1200 or a couple different dyna models and got absolutely ridiculous quotes through my current insurer (Intact)..

Does anyone have any input on where to go for a fair rate for an HD bike? I'm 25, 8 years riding, clean record. This would be my 5th bike. Thanks.

I used Mantha Insurance brokers currently and am insured with Aviva.For my vrod .I can`t remember who I had previously .But my car insurance was crazy with their quote .I think you will find there a several companies that mainly deal with cruisers .

I was previously with Intact but left them after I received their renewal notice. After being insured with them (Jevco) for four years, zero claims and a clean record, my premium increased by $320. Needless to say, I left them and am now with riders plus, paying a lower premium than what I was originally paying with Jevco before they became Intact.

Dalton Timmis seems to be the cheapest cruiser insurance going.

You can do an online ballpark quote on Riders Plus website.

Thanks, will be calling Mantha and Dalton Timmis for sure. Riders Plus was one of the first I called, and while not as ridiculously stupid as Intact, they still gave me a pretty high quote.

I'm considering either a sportster 1200 or a couple different dyna models and got absolutely ridiculous quotes through my current insurer (Intact)..

Does anyone have any input on where to go for a fair rate for an HD bike? I'm 25, 8 years riding, clean record. This would be my 5th bike. Thanks.

Harleys are typically surcharged about 25% relative to other cruiser bikes. Could you please share the quotes you received? Did your quotes include coverage for Collision and Comprehensive?

Would you happen to know why? Higher value, theft rate etc?

I'm not pretending to know the answer, but I believe it is due to the higher value of the bikes; however, I'm sure other factors come into play too (perhaps injuries are more frequent/severe due to exposed skin, the brand attracts a more risky personality, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom