Good Lunch Spots - North of Kingston | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good Lunch Spots - North of Kingston

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
I want to spend a day riding the roads north of Kingston and south of Hwy 7. Any suggestions on good lunch spots?

I'm not picky, but I am vegetarian, so veggie burgers, fries, pizza or whatever is fine - just looking for something small, local and tasty.
Anywhere in the red area below is fine with me.
Thanks!
Frontenac.jpg

Vegetarian? Tricked me!

Go north on 41 to cloyne and grab some home baked pies. dope AF!
I just put that in, otherwise the thread would be littered with steak, burgers and meat pies:)

But seriously, I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that I couldn't find something good to eat, even it it was fries and salad.

Shane

Here are a few that were quite good

Perth has some great restaurants and I have eaten at this one and it was very good.
O'Reilly's Ale House
(613) 267-7994

Westport has several and I have had great coffee and an impressive sandwich at the Cottage Coffee Shop
The Cottage Coffee House
(613) 273-8191

Sharbot Lake
The Maples Restaurant
(613) 279-3200

The Cove Inn in Westport is a nice place to enjoy a meal and take in a waterfront view.

The ride there isn’t have bad either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cove Inn in Westport is a nice place to enjoy a meal and take in a waterfront view.

The ride there isn’t have bad either.
Awesome thanks - I'll check it out.
Shane

Here are a few that were quite good

Perth has some great restaurants and I have eaten at this one and it was very good.
O'Reilly's Ale House
(613) 267-7994

Westport has several and I have had great coffee and an impressive sandwich at the Cottage Coffee Shop
The Cottage Coffee House
(613) 273-8191

Sharbot Lake
The Maples Restaurant
(613) 279-3200
Thank you sir. Those all look like they would fit the bill just nicely - especially the sandwich place for a quick meal.

The Cove is busy most times and if they have reduced capacity it might be a bit of a wait these days. Depends when you arrive but it is really nice on the patio and the food and view is worth the wait.

There’s new ownership of a place in Tamworth that is motorcycle friendly and traditionally had good food (home made jerk patties etc), it was called The River bakery and patio but I think they changed the name. Haven’t been since it changed hands but it looks good, they put a lot of effort into doing it up, and it’s in a convenient place for your ride.

In Perth I always eat at the Texmex place Mex and Co. because the seats beside the stream are really nice. The food is good but not gourmet.

The Sharbot Lake place that’s been mentioned is good. If the ice cream joint is open just outside that’s nice there too. You can take your ice cream and go and eat it by the lake.

Its been a while since I was there but there’s a place in Portland called The Galley that’s right on the water. Just pub food really but the views are good.

At the southern edge of your ride is the Creekside Bar and Grill in Battersea. A decent place but not really a water view.

I'll have a think to see what else I can think of.

Awesome - thanks so much for posting all that. I don't know about others, but usually when I stop for food on a ride, I'm never looking for gourmet or giant portions, but more about good food at fair prices and hopefully a nice spot to relax while enjoying the meal.

And scenic ice cream spots are always welcome!

Awesome - thanks so much for posting all that. I don't know about others, but usually when I stop for food on a ride, I'm never looking for gourmet or giant portions, but more about good food at fair prices and hopefully a nice spot to relax while enjoying the meal.

And scenic ice cream spots are always welcome!

No problem. I don’t know if Arden rd from Tamworth to highway 7 was on your route by the way, but take it off if so. A local charity ride just took it off their route as there’s a fair bit of construction or poor pavement on it right now. When it’s finished it will be great though.

No problem. I don’t know if Arden rd from Tamworth to highway 7 was on your route by the way, but take it off if so. A local charity ride just took it off their route as there’s a fair bit of construction or poor pavement on it right now. When it’s finished it will be great though.
Good to know and I just removed it from my route. Thanks!

Are there any Mennonite restaurants out that way? They usually serve up a simpler menu without deep fryers in the kitchen.

Not a restaurant, but Mrs Garrett's Bake Shop just north of Inverary is worth a stop on your way home to stock up on their incredible butter tarts. We just spent a week at a cottage near Battersea, and they're a local institution...

Adding 2 lunch spots in Barry’s Bay and Combermere.

The Bent anchor in Combermere
(Seasonal Closed after a labour Day)
Great Setting on the River

Bent Anchor Bar & Restaurant Closed for the season, see you June 2022!
(613) 869-8159

Ash Grove Inn. Barry’s Bay
Ash Grove Inn
(613) 756-7672

Back
Top Bottom