Good food on the road . During these trying times . | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good food on the road . During these trying times .

pfbmgd

I'm finding hard to find deacent food on the day trips . I hate eating from chain places . Maybe post good places to eat in diffent regions . I went to Creemore to pick to pick up beer . Had take out from Old Mill House Pub . I have eaten there a couple of times . The food is average at best . Had lunch at Bench brewery on 81 . Great food but a bit expensive for a quick lunch on the road . Love their beer .

Copperhouse brewpub in Bowmanville has some mean options if you're out that way and are a meatatarian. Try the beef brisket philly.

is there such a thing as bad fry truck fries?

Yes. The truck that used to be at the Whitby Harbour comes to mind, and I had fries at the truck just east of Warkworth last Sunday that were meh at best.....seemed like they'd either been refried or they had been sitting too long.

Google "Mennonite restaurants"

Look up.. if you see no hydro wires to the building.. it’s a true Mennonite food stop.. lol
Hmmm. It's for business so maybe it's allowed. I think they're allowed hydro in the barns. That said I had a bunch of Mennonite women in the store, and suggested they try our other store when what they wanted wasn't in. Go out in the parking lot and they're on their cell phones trying to find the second store online. New order Mennonites?

I've seen Mennonite farms with no power to the home, but a barn full of cnc machines, goats and chickens.

I've seen Mennonite farms with no power to the home, but a barn full of cnc machines, goats and chickens.
Natural gas generators if gas is out front.. if not diesel gennys. I like the shops that have all the tools and toys and use the heat from the gennys exhaust for ice melting the front concrete pads.. hydro grid = no go, natural gas grid = yes please.

Hmmm. It's for business so maybe it's allowed. I think they're allowed hydro in the barns. That said I had a bunch of Mennonite women in the store, and suggested they try our other store when what they wanted wasn't in. Go out in the parking lot and they're on their cell phones trying to find the second store online. New order Mennonites?
from my limited knowledge and conversations with folks in Elmira and area.. a lot has to do with the church they belong to. Old order or new order, the church makes the rules and the group follows.

Back on food track, the chip stand on the top end of Arthur st in Elmira by Elmira pet food was good before covid, not sure the hours now or if it’s open much with covid days. Also Elmira donut & deli was( is) great spot to go

Back on food track, the chip stand on the top end of Arthur st in Elmira by Elmira pet food was good before covid, not sure the hours now or if it’s open much with covid days. Also Elmira donut & deli was( is) great spot to go
When covid is done, head north of Elmira to Floradale.Bonnie Lous is an awesome restaurant.

from my limited knowledge and conversations with folks in Elmira and area.. a lot has to do with the church they belong to. Old order or new order, the church makes the rules and the group follows.
Old order hydro lines ok, no internet, no fax landline ok tractors ok no cab, wooden buggy wheels

Dave Martin's no hydro wires, but internet, cell phones generators all good, no tractors, skid steers ok. Car tires on the buggy.

Amish no electricity full stop. Diesel powered woodworking equipment ok

Sent from my K87CA using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom