Good cleaner | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good cleaner

A little FYI: A number of years ago I was doing something on a Piper Cherokee and the instructions specified cleaning the parts with Stoddard solvent. It took me two weeks of hunting before I found out that it was the generic name for Varsol. Pre Google days.

A little FYI: A number of years ago I was doing something on a Piper Cherokee and the instructions specified cleaning the parts with Stoddard solvent. It took me two weeks of hunting before I found out that it was the generic name for Varsol. Pre Google days.

Have many memories on that aircraft. PA 28-185. Both here and the UK. Lots of fun. Very forgiving. Not like my friends Christian Eagle. Still have the silver jacket.

My kid does commercial flooring restoration. He gets me gallon jugs of dustbane citrus degreaser. $10 bucks a gallon, cleans dirt off dirt.

spray nine is a really good cleaner in my experience; ctc I think has it, spray bottle is handy.

I wouldn't use break cleaner for internal fork parts, as it will dissolve rubber parts like fork seals.

cheap automatic transmission fluid is safe for fork internals. use a brush.

I tried Simple Green for the first time today.

It is my go to cleaner from now on. Prefer it over Spray Nine.

50/50 mix of pine-sol and hot water.

Works great on varnish/carb gunk.

Also +1 on the simple green.

Kerosene for chains.

Brake cleaner and wipe down those fork parts.

Wipe the seals and fork parts down with ATF, or fork oil before reassembly.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom