gm forgot to put brakes in cars | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

gm forgot to put brakes in cars

Is this the Sonic?
Toddler-Flintstone-Car.jpg

Why the hell was this not on the nightly news? When Toyota does a slight mess up, it is on every channel news.

When it comes to recalls it is key to admit the problem (even if there is not one). Lesson learned by Toyota (and Ford and Audi and...) is to deny, deny, deny--just keeps it in the news.

As I understand it, it is NOT that 4,000 cars were shipped with a missing brake pad, but rather that it's been discovered that about 20 or 30 of them may have a missing brake pad but they don't know which of those 4,000 they are.

My money is on that the inventory count didn't add up and they can't figure out what happened.

I have a hard time believing that the car got out of final inspection, driven around in the lot, driven around at the dealer, and through PDI without *someone* realizing that there was a problem.

Back in the 90's there were more than a few Range Rovers that drove off the assembly line with the left side of the vehicle being equipped with abs and the right side having non abs ;) Different axle shaft,rotors,calipers you name it, vehicles also had a tendency to pull to one side haha.

Why the hell was this not on the nightly news? When Toyota does a slight mess up, it is on every channel news.

I heard it on the news, a quick blurb.

Per Zacks
General Motors Company (GM) announced that it would recall about 5,000 units of its subcompact car Sonic due to missing front brake pads in some of the vehicles. Among them, 4,296 were sold in the U.S. and 577 in Canada. The problem was first detected by the automaker while doing warranty service on a Sonic.

The recalled vehicles were assembled in the Orion Township, Michigan plant. GM suspected that the brake pads, which are a part of a subassembly of components, fell off before the cars were assembled and had remained unnoticed at the bottom of containers being shipped to the Orion Township factory. The company expects that the pads are missing in 20 to 30 of the recalled vehicles.

Chevrolet Sonic, marketed globally as Chevrolet Aveo, has been manufactured since 2002, initially by GM Daewoo, the company’s South Korean subsidiary, and later by other GM-affiliated entities. The second generation Sonic was debuted in January last year. The automaker sold 10,035 units of the vehicles in the first 11 months of 2011.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom