Gear shops with good selection near downtown | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gear shops with good selection near downtown

marktwothousand

Anyone know a couple of gear shops in or near downtown which have really good selection? As a new rider stocking up, I'm looking for a place that has a really big variety so that I don't have to go to multiple shops to figure out what I like. I know the industry is limited downtown - I tried Studio, and other than helmets, I felt they had limited selection. I don't mind travelling outside of DT or to cities just along the Toronto border, but I don't want to have to go to like, Oshawa or anything. I know I could google, but other than actually listing shops, google doesn't tell you much, I'm looking for opinions.

on a similar note, if anyone is selling small or medium gloves/jackets, feel free to PM me. I'm looking for a non-leather jacket with elbow/shoulder armour and gloves that cover the wrist.

Lots of info for that on here. Just search it. But GP and Royal are not that far out of Toronto and huge selection.

Mark2K, what about Royal in Barrie? I'm gonna head up (hopefully) this weekend if you wanna ride up together.
Also, just saw an ad on Kijiji yesterday that a place opened up in the beaches

There's no way I could ride on the highways yet, I can't drive faster than 60/70 safely and i only have an M1 anyway. Thanks for the invite tho :( I might check out about this place on the beaches. Someone also told me to check out Cycle World on Sheppard?

Cycle world on Sheppard has excellent selection

Riders choice is right on the border Mississauga and Toronto

The closest you'll get to downtown are Town Moto and Studio Cycle Group. I believe they're Ossington/Queen and Keele/Dundas respectively. Selection isn't too bad, but it doesn't compare to those outside the city. If you can manage a trip to Oshawa you can hit GP, Royal, and Regear in the same afternoon.

I just noticed you already found studio cycle. Town moto is worth checking out if you're on the way past or don't mind the trip, but they have a lot of expensive hipster gear and a smaller selection.

If you go to cycle world be warned: they are hit or miss. Some people like them, others hate them. If you're looking for helmets make sure you check the date before buying anything. I found one there from 2005 still selling as new.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE!!

Especially from USA.

I just bought a pair of motorcycle pants for $400 CAD from Florida, free shipping. They sent me the wrong size and offer free refund/exchange. I called postal service to cost to mail the package back. It will cost me $384 just for shipping..

So now I'm stuck with the item I can't even use.

I shipped 4 wheels with tires from St Louis to Calgary for right around a hundred dollars. Check yourself and look at other options.

I visited both--Town Moto is a little more on the trendy accessory side though. That said, it is a wonderful space and it is located in a nice little spot to roam around in if you are in that part of the city. Studio Cycle-- they seemed nice. I had inquired about a resale bike.

The closest you'll get to downtown are Town Moto and Studio Cycle Group. I believe they're Ossington/Queen and Keele/Dundas respectively. Selection isn't too bad, but it doesn't compare to those outside the city. If you can manage a trip to Oshawa you can hit GP, Royal, and Regear in the same afternoon.

I shipped 4 wheels with tires from St Louis to Calgary for right around a hundred dollars. Check yourself and look at other options.

Okay, you are right, WTF Canada post. Thought they would be the cheapest one.

I called around, there are cheaper options but still going to cost me about $100, but its slow shipping and I probably won't get a refund until they receive it.. Either way, if they screw up somehow or you got the wrong sizing it will cost you.

^^for your hassle and now return shipping costs, that's why I'll buy gear locally. Parts are one thing but if I have to wear it I'm trying it on before spending that kind of cheddar in the hopes it's the right fit.

^^for your hassle and now return shipping costs, that's why I'll buy gear locally. Parts are one thing but if I have to wear it I'm trying it on before spending that kind of cheddar in the hopes it's the right fit.

They sent me the wrong size I ordered size 34, they sent me size 32. I tried them locally so I was already aware of the size.

So I checked online and everyone but UPS claims 350-400 for shipping. however UPS gives me range from 100-400 for shipping.

I paid about $380 CAD for the pants, $60 customs fee. They messed up so I need to exchange the unit, will cost me now +$100 shipping + another $60 when the new set comes in.

Total spent will be $600 if i want the right pants.

GP bikes sell them for $450+tax =510

Would have save money if I went locally instead of trying to save $70 by buying online.
Basically if you buy online, you better be sure it fits and they don't send you incorrect size.
Also had to wait 5 days to ship to canada and another 2 weeks to clear customs. Lost time and money.

Personally I will just stick to local shops to save on the hassle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom