Gear Recommendations - Commuting | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gear Recommendations - Commuting

For summer I've found mesh jackets too hot, you can look up motorcycle armor on Amazon, they've got alot of room to let air flow while still covering the important bits.

Winter Mesh-jacket with windproof removable liner & sweater under for warmth is all you need, decent pair of long sleeve gloves you wear on top of a 2nd thin glove liner for extra warmth.
A baklava & scarf for 0-10 degree weather to protect your neck from the winds, surprisingly Klim jeans with warm socks are enough even for -2 or so weather, gets cold but very bearable.

Rode to work today in 12 degree weather. Added a scarf and finger mitts to my existing gear and didn’t get cold at all

Did notice the wind though....got tossed around pretty good on the highway

My next helmet will hopefully be much quieter in that regard as well

Did notice the wind though....got tossed around pretty good on the highway

I noticed that too...getting on the 407 today, I cleared the barrier on the on ramp and nearly changed lanes when the wind hit me, had to lean into it to keep in the lane. lol puckered up pretty good on that one

For summer I've found mesh jackets too hot, you can look up motorcycle armor on Amazon, they've got alot of room to let air flow while still covering the important bits.

Winter Mesh-jacket with windproof removable liner & sweater under for warmth is all you need, decent pair of long sleeve gloves you wear on top of a 2nd thin glove liner for extra warmth.
A baklava & scarf for 0-10 degree weather to protect your neck from the winds, surprisingly Klim jeans with warm socks are enough even for -2 or so weather, gets cold but very bearable.
Or how about a just a decent textile jacket for cold weather (no windproof lining, raincover, balaclava or scarf req'd), and a decent summer jacket (same: no cover or liner or extra layers req'd) for spring through fall, day or night, rain or shine? Who wants to carry a top case full of jacket accessories?

Or how about a just a decent textile jacket for cold weather (no windproof lining, raincover, balaclava or scarf req'd), and a decent summer jacket (same: no cover or liner or extra layers req'd) for spring through fall, day or night, rain or shine? Who wants to carry a top case full of jacket accessories?

Literally any average jacket has a built in removable liner for cool weather, I never ride in the rain personally, just put on the gear I'll need and go, 0 cases on the bike. Never heard of jacket that has neck cover long enough to be tucked into the helmet, it'd need to be high enough to reach your nose, this would look ridiculous, does such a thing exist o.o ?

Wouldn't bother with a summer jacket, just T shirt & some CE armor held together with mesh. Will give you better airflow than any jacket guaranteed.

Literally any average jacket has a built in removable liner for cool weather, I never ride in the rain personally, just put on the gear I'll need and go, 0 cases on the bike. Never heard of jacket that has neck cover long enough to be tucked into the helmet, it'd need to be high enough to reach your nose, this would look ridiculous, does such a thing exist o.o ?

Wouldn't bother with a summer jacket, just T shirt & some CE armor held together with mesh. Will give you better airflow than any jacket guaranteed.

I dont know how anyone rides without a full suit of some kind. I could not do it even for short trips. Dress pants under suit is not a problem.

I dont know how anyone rides without a full suit of some kind. I could not do it even for short trips. Dress pants under suit is not a problem.
Losing a few layers of skin gives you some perspective. :whistle:

Yikes...despite my better judgement I clicked that. I just cringed thinking about that one time I went squid last summer, after looking through those pictures that won't happen again...
(y) Looking like a power range is cool anyways, chicks dig it.

Never heard of jacket that has neck cover long enough to be tucked into the helmet, it'd need to be high enough to reach your nose, this would look ridiculous, does such a thing exist o.o ?

Mine has a removable storm collar. It only goes up to my chin. That's all that's needed to prevent wind from getting under the helmet.

And I don't know how anyone who wears their underwear on the outside can say that anything else looks ridiculous.

scorpion_yukon_jacket_1800x1800.jpg

Yikes...despite my better judgement I clicked that. I just cringed thinking about that one time I went squid last summer, after looking through those pictures that won't happen again...
Falling off a bicycle with is incredibly painful with road burn. I don't want to imagine it off a motorcycle.

Ankle length riding boots, gloves, any riding pants/jeans & mesh jacket works. I just take off my jacket & work in the riding pants I came in, can even remove the hip & tail bone armour padding. I'm not gonna wear a 1 piece suit to work, too much hassle, only if I'd hit the track.

Klim K Fifty 1 Riding Pants

Mine has a removable storm collar. It only goes up to my chin. That's all that's needed to prevent wind from getting under the helmet.

And I don't know how anyone who wears their underwear on the outside can say that anything else looks ridiculous.

That looks decent, not sure if it's high enough would have to see how it fits. I prefer not having any cracks between my helmet chin curtain & below my jackets neck collar.

Falling off a bicycle with is incredibly painful with road burn. I don't want to imagine it off a motorcycle.

I wiped out roller blading at less than 5 km/h and took a patch of skin off my elbow. Took weeks to heal. I can’t even imagine...

I wiped out roller blading at less than 5 km/h and took a patch of skin off my elbow. Took weeks to heal. I can’t even imagine...

I have pics lol...they aren't pretty. My knee took around 6 months to heal.

I have pics lol...they aren't pretty. My knee took around 6 months to heal.
Yep I hear you. Literally the only time I didn't wear my riding jeans I went down. Both knee's pretty fu**ed up, but left especially. Took a solid year to recover and I still don't have full feeling on the inside of it. And that was doing like 70km.....

Bottom line is....buy the best gear you can afford,and wear it! (in the words of the great Minidisco)

If mesh was as safe as leather zipped top to bottom,it would be allowed on the track.But it isn't.

Back
Top Bottom