Gas tank dent repair | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gas tank dent repair

thegamb8

Ok so I made a f*****g booboo today and I'm soooooo ****** at myself. I put the bike on the stand on my driveway and got off to close my garage door. By the time I reached the door it fell. I obviously didn't put the stand properly - Mea Culpa!

Now there are 3 things damaged:

1 - dent in left side of tank

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373927214.749141.jpg

2 - clutch lever snapped

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373927227.434931.jpg

3 - windshield scratched

Nevertheless sh*t happens and ill deal with it but it would help if someone can recommend a shop in the GTA where I can get this ****** dent removed and the tank touched up. I tried calling a few folks from kijiji but none of them do motorcycle tanks.

Also, does anyone know a good online retailer from where I can buy a good clutch and brake lever set? Might as well change both while I'm at it.

Hope you guys are having a better day than I am.

Sorry man. The same thing happened to me on a bike I hadn't even rode yet. It tipped over in the truck as I was undoing the ratchets. I couldn't believe it. Nothing snapped that I could see, mirrors and clutch lever were shoved into a different position and needed pushing back.

It happens. (Especially on a dual sport by design.)

Give Simon of Top Endz a shout for the levers.

That dent in your fuel tank likely can't be removed. You're looking at bondo and repainting.

We have a guy who comes to our dealership that removes dents from cars, some you thnk that couldnt. there is also no need for pain fix or anything pm me your number and I will text u his.
and for very cheap leaver check out www.kapscomoto.com I went there on sat and got a brand new pair of clutch and brake levers for $17 for my gixxer

Dents are extremely difficult to remove from tanks mainly because of the thickness of the metal. I tried everything I had and ended up the bondo route. FYI I'm a body repair guy at Toyota, nothing we have worked. You could try an old school stud puller but I was nervous welding to the gas tank. And it will weaken the tank where you pull and file.

I'm gonna go show it to a couple of places around the GTA and see what they say. I'm so so bummed out about this!

Bondo is a last resort IMO. If they pop it out well and good

:( :(

Sorry man. The same thing happened to me on a bike I hadn't even rode yet. It tipped over in the truck as I was undoing the ratchets. I couldn't believe it. Nothing snapped that I could see, mirrors and clutch lever were shoved into a different position and needed pushing back.

It happens. (Especially on a dual sport by design.)

Exact same halpenned to me

If you want to bring it by I will have a look and see. Depending on where on tank and the "type" of paint may be simple may be a PIA ($$$)

Dent King.

if the dent has a crinkle or sharp edge, body work might be needed.

CTC sells a little kit with a hot melt glue gun and a rubber footed puller, you hot melt a plastic stud to the dent and pull using the rubber footed clamp. It sometimes takes a couple pulls and moving things around but its really pretty good.
Even if you end up going the bondo route you'll want to get most of the dent out anyway.

CTC sells a little kit with a hot melt glue gun and a rubber footed puller, you hot melt a plastic stud to the dent and pull using the rubber footed clamp. It sometimes takes a couple pulls and moving things around but its really pretty good.
Even if you end up going the bondo route you'll want to get most of the dent out anyway.

Don't waste ur money. I used that too. No go. And not the cheapy ct one, the ones dent dr and such use. Plus it "can" wreck your clear coat, but nothing a good dual stage polish cant fix(usually).

Just my .02

Back
Top Bottom