Gas prices going up 4.5 cents tonite | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gas prices going up 4.5 cents tonite

Saw some idiot filling two extra 25L jugs in addition to his tank. :rolleyes: savings of a whopping 2 dollars!!! Whats that get your SUV, an extra 4 days driving? :lol:

Theres frickin lineups at pumps! :lol: fook me... For 5 cents? How poor and useless is your life to wait in line for pennies?

people saving a few bucks at the pump while getting raped by wireless companies with their data plans lol

Theres frickin lineups at pumps! :lol: fook me... For 5 cents? How poor and useless is your life to wait in line for pennies?
I hate the gouging as much as the next guy, don't get me wrong. But, it is funny when the dude driving by himself in the suv, drinking a $6 latte, while doing 140kph down the 407 becomes livid about a few more cents per litre. I drive a 90hp TDI and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

With a tank just under 100 liters the hike will cost me about $5.00 on a fumes to full top up. Is it worth driving a Molotov cocktail by having huge jerry cans in the back? Not a chance.
The bright side is that I live about a 5 minute walk to the TTC and a ten minute bus ride to the subway. My house just went up in value.

Prices just went up 12c to a $1:39 here in Stratford. Got mine 1/2 hr before it went up @ 1:27 :)

"McKnight said the predicted overnight price spike is a result of a lead Ontario supplier’s decision to increase wholesale prices by 4 cents"

Does price fixing come to mind.

++1 ..... I always find it ridiculous. people really don't value their time in this country.

"McKnight said the predicted overnight price spike is a result of a lead Ontario supplier’s decision to increase wholesale prices by 4 cents"

Does price fixing come to mind.

Can you prove it. if not, what does it matter what reason this time around someone is citing ....

Can you prove it. if not, what does it matter what reason this time around someone is citing ....

It's actually a lot more complex that that. Peak Oil boys and girls, read about it.

It's actually a lot more complex that that. Peak Oil boys and girls, read about it.

Peak oil my craphole, Venezuelans pay like $0.0132/L for gasoline <-- YES, you read that correctly, slightly over 1.3 cents per liter.

Canada mines oil from its own soil and sells it to its own people for higher prices than it sells it to our neighbors to the south (USA). Few people know this, and that's how they'd like it to stay.

Peak oil my craphole, Venezuelans pay like $0.0132/L for gasoline <-- YES, you read that correctly, slightly over 1.3 cents per liter.

Canada mines oil from its own soil and sells it to its own people for higher prices than it sells it to our neighbors to the south (USA). Few people know this, and that's how they'd like it to stay.

Venezuela is a totally different story.
"Price increases generally occur when the world crude-oil market tightens and lowers inventories. Also, growing demand can sometimes outpace refinery capacity. In the spring, refineries perform maintenance, which can place a pinch on the gasoline market. By the end of May, refineries are usually back to full capacity."
This, the market and the Iran problems of the last period bump up the oil prices.

There a solutions out there though:)
http://videos.howstuffworks.com/planet-green/27655-g-word-human-car-video.htm

Last edited:

You know what I'd rather be doing than that? Riding.

Though if they could sell a 5-seat version with the fifth seat in the rear, elevated so that it could see over all the rowers, and sell it with a whip, I'd be interested. I'd have my own personal galley. Hell yes to that idea. Oh, they'd need to make like a 60-man version so I could have all my cargo hauled around at my leisure. You know, kg after kg of gold and diamonds, and a motorcycle for good measure, too.

Yes, I'm liking this thing more and more now.

Venezuela subsidizes gas. Canada taxes it. Makes for a bit of a gap.

If this keeps up I'm just never gonna own a car and stick to a bike.....and move to Seattle lol

Back
Top Bottom