Garmen 396 on sale | GTAMotorcycle.com

Garmen 396 on sale

I think that’s the one I have. My only complaint is that there’s no easy cheap way to secure it on the bike if you leave it unattended. Need to remember to take it off when unattended. I have another Garmin and at least that one has a proprietary screw to secure it to the bike mount.

Have the same one. Didn't think I would use it that much but I find I use it all the time. Can see texts, emails, stream music to helmet coms and yea GPS.

I think that’s the one I have. My only complaint is that there’s no easy cheap way to secure it on the bike if you leave it unattended. Need to remember to take it off when unattended. I have another Garmin and at least that one has a proprietary screw to secure it to the bike mount.

There is a mount that locks it securely to the bike . For the life of me I can`t recall the company that makes it .

I just purchased a proprietary screwdriver from Princess Auto, since I had lost the original.

I prefer to remove it from the bike, but the vibration tightens the screw on every ride.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Last edited:
My bad. Like an idiot, I assumed that a canadian website accessed from Canada would show me prices in Canadian dollars.

Well... That's not a Canadian website.
6847 S. Eastern Avenue, #104
Las Vegas, NV 89119, USA
Phone: 702-990-5600
Fax: 702-990-5603

GPS City operates out of both Canada and the USA

GPS City Canada
#12, 49 Aero Drive NE
Calgary, AB T2E 8Z9, Canada
Phone: 403-735-0780
Fax: 403-735-0785

I just purchased a proprietary screwdriver from Princess Auto, since I had lost the original.

I prefer to remove it from the bike, but the vibration tightens the screw on every ride.

Out of sight, out of mind.

This one doesn’t have the screw mount I don’t think. The unit just clicks in and out with no lockable security.

Help me out here. You ride your motorcycle to be apart from the norm. Why the **** would you want messages coming at you disturbing your peace?
If anyone that has my contact info is in that desperate need of help, they can call 911. Right?

Never care about checking emails. They can wait. I've gotten important texts and pulled off the road to deal with. Depends whats happening in my life at that time. I generally care about texts but sometimes choose to turn off that feature. Same for music. I like having the choice.
Lets not get into a big debate over technology. That will fill endless pages.

I have a 395. 660
Not interested in texts or anything not pertaining to my ride. Have my music on, nothing else.
One of the few times I can sing to myself, without getting slapped upside the head. Lol, of course. :)

I have the 395. It's a nice unit, it does basic GPS functionality very well, but if there's one complaint, it's that the mp3 audio quality is terrible.

I initially though it was the Bluetooth connection that was ruining the sound, so I plugged my earphones directly into the 3.5mm jack. Same crappy output.

Garmin purposely nerfed the audio quality so if you want better sound, you have to upgrade to the 595. I have the older 660 as well, so I know they can provide better mp3 sound quality if they really wanted to.

Bastards.

I have the 395. It's a nice unit, it does basic GPS functionality very well, but if there's one complaint, it's that the mp3 audio quality is terrible.

I initially though it was the Bluetooth connection that was ruining the sound, so I plugged my earphones directly into the 3.5mm jack. Same crappy output.

Garmin purposely nerfed the audio quality so if you want better sound, you have to upgrade to the 595. I have the older 660 as well, so I know they can provide better mp3 sound quality if they really wanted to.

Bastards.

I assume the music function works the same on the 395 as my 595. I have my Sena paired only to my phone, and the Garmin to my phone. This way, music is streamed directly from my phone to the headset, but I can control it from the Garmin UI.

I lose voice direction prompts, which is fine by me, but gain Siri control from the headset. The only real drawback for me using this setup is that I lose the phone app on the Garmin. Can still see who’s calling with a notification on the Garmin, and answer from the Sena. Dialing is at the mercy of whatever Siri feels like doing.

Back
Top Bottom