Garage floor replacement | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Garage floor replacement

Doing our Garage too, and the racedeck stuff looked good, i found this which I like better. Anyone know a local supplier? I'm getting a quote now, if anyone want in, maybe will work out cheaper if we bundle

I'm getting the pock marks out of my floor and it will be smooth when finished. Keep in mind smooth and dead flat are not the same but the floor will be decent to work upon. Thinks on rollers will roll and wheels won't dig in.

However the patch material is quite a bit lighter than the original and a uniform colour would be nice. However, again, the sheet materials are variations of plastic and I do some hack welding in the garage. I don't know what chemicals affect the sheet floors either. I wouldn't be able to chuck a hot off the table part onto the floor to cool. Paint may blister but it it's the cheap and dirty kind, a touch-up is easy.

I forgot. You can't buy paint any more. You buy coatings.

I'm getting the pock marks out of my floor and it will be smooth when finished. Keep in mind smooth and dead flat are not the same but the floor will be decent to work upon. Thinks on rollers will roll and wheels won't dig in.

However the patch material is quite a bit lighter than the original and a uniform colour would be nice. However, again, the sheet materials are variations of plastic and I do some hack welding in the garage. I don't know what chemicals affect the sheet floors either. I wouldn't be able to chuck a hot off the table part onto the floor to cool. Paint may blister but it it's the cheap and dirty kind, a touch-up is easy.

I forgot. You can't buy paint any more. You buy coatings.

I just found a trailer at work with the TruCOR floor, it came from the US. The floor is very nice, grippy, and the texture subtle, rollers don't get caught up on it. TruCOR claim chemical resistance and easy clean up, not sure about welders. I like the easy install, grippy rubber like feel, and the fact that its on sale lol

I just found a trailer at work with the TruCOR floor, it came from the US. The floor is very nice, grippy, and the texture subtle, rollers don't get caught up on it. TruCOR claim chemical resistance and easy clean up, not sure about welders. I like the easy install, grippy rubber like feel, and the fact that its on sale lol

I don't know if vapour proof coverings affect the concrete. Condos are touchy about coatings on balcony floors and deterioration is one reason.

I don't know if vapour proof coverings affect the concrete. Condos are touchy about coatings on balcony floors and deterioration is one reason.
I wouldn't want to put a layer of rubber over the entire floor. I would either want mesh tile to allow lots of air movement or a layer of something underneath a rubber floor to allow some water and air movement (not exactly sure what the best product would be for this application).

Good point, I assume it's breathable to some extent, I'll ask the supplier again as it's used in commercial applications. We were going to epoxy/coat the whole floor, though have a few shelving units and such that would get in the way. Our Garage isn't heated

Back
Top Bottom