FZ07 shut down and stalling | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZ07 shut down and stalling

Do you or your husband have a voltmeter to test the battery voltage?
Looks like a nice bike, I think you should go pick it up next week, ride it to my house and we can rip into it. :LOL:

updates:

clutch lever switch looks good and in good operating condition...battery is fine (while the bike was off, it read 12.79 V...with the bike running, it read 14.10 V...and while giving it throttle raising the RPM to about 3500-3700, it read 14.25-14.31)

@Trials nice clean chain per your request...LOL :D

Attachments

• chain - pre cleaning resized.jpg
    chain - pre cleaning resized.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 16
  • chain - post cleaning resized.jpg
    chain - post cleaning resized.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 16
Now it looks normal ;)

Oxygen sensor!

... I'm trying to think of all the things that would cause it to just stall for no apparent reason while it is idling.
Oxygen sensor alters your motors fuel delivery on the fly and it has a fairly high component failure rate. Likely about a 40$ consumable part unless they get greedy at the dealer parts counter.

search all day and you w
Oxygen sensor!

... I'm trying to think of all the things that would cause it to just stall for no apparent reason while it is idling.
Oxygen sensor alters your motors fuel delivery on the fly and it has a fairly high component failure rate. Likely about a 40$ consumable part unless they get greedy at the dealer parts counter.
search all day and you wont find a broken part on that bike. (except the chain gaurd lol) I am almost certain now that it is the bikes fuel cut off feature at closed throttle combined with a lean fuel mixture from the factory causing the bike to stall. Install fuel controller, remove pair valve/air injection system/whatever yamaha calls the smog pump on this bike. Have the bike remapped on a dyno and your problem is gone. Also op needs ethanol free gas - no ehtanol esso gas fiddles. Raise the idle to high end of the spec ~1300

Last edited:
Wow! That's a big, bold, broad statement.

Sez who?

The engine runs on 86 octane fuel and is easily capable of 58 MPG/4.9 Litres per 100 kilometres, just ask anyone on FZ07.org. Oil changes are spread out over 4000 miles and the Valves don't need to be checked until the 26,600 mile/42.808 Kilometer mark.

Legendary.

Reliability? We have over 9000 members on the FZ07.org forum and we have heard of ZERO engine failures. Zero. Zilch.

Yes, very impressive, but somewhat subjective, isn't it? I'm not questioning or doubting the reliability or performance, rather the specific claim "rated the most reliable engine in the world".

Again, says who? A group of CP2 owners?

Yes, very impressive, but somewhat subjective, isn't it? I'm not questioning or doubting the reliability or performance, rather the specific claim "rated the most reliable engine in the world".

Again, says who? A group of CP2 owners?
Don't ask me, I'm not an owner ?

"rated the most reliable engine in the world"
First produced way, way back in the olden days :sneaky: 2014
Get back to us once it's at least old enough to vote.

Wow! That's a big, bold, broad statement.

Sez who?

skip to the 3min mark,

and

"9. Yamaha claims the CP2 engine to be the most reliable motorcycle engine on the market. These are big words, and Yamaha doesn’t just point to its own statistics. Instead, Yamaha claims third-party published data in Germany puts the CP2 powerplant of the Yamaha MT-07 at the top of the reliability list."

2020-yamaha-tenere-700-review-31-fast-facts

My qoute should have said Market, not world, and specific to Motorcycles if that makes a difference

My qoute should have said Market, not world, and specific to Motorcycles if that makes a difference

Hell yes, it makes a difference. Thanks for sharing this.

Now, if only the Germans would share their data.

Back
Top Bottom