Full M at Lawrence & Victoria Park | GTAMotorcycle.com

Full M at Lawrence & Victoria Park

vanjka

Hello people,

Here am I again with questions and advice on things.

In two weeks I am doing my full M at Lawrence & Vic Park and would appreciate any advice, experiences, pointers what to be careful about, what's the route they take .... more details.

Thank you in advance, CAN NOT WAIT TO RIDE AGAIN.

I have posted a video of the exact route somewhere (Recorded during test). I'll edit the post when i find it.

Found it:
[video=youtube;TuNKQtf5SB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuNKQtf5SB0[/video]

Last edited:
You go on roads and highways. You need to stop, go, turn, signal, shoulder check.

You're welcome.

Hello people,

Here am I again with questions and advice on things.

In two weeks I am doing my full M at Lawrence & Vic Park and would appreciate any advice, experiences, pointers what to be careful about, what's the route they take .... more details.

Thank you in advance, CAN NOT WAIT TO RIDE AGAIN.

I did it there just a week ago. Very straight forward and simple. I'll explain how mine went (and my friend his was identical except a different DVP exit).

I parked at the back, told them i was there. Waited for them to come out. 2 of them came out, one is the driver and one is the tester. They taped an earpiece to my ear then tested if it worked, they then checked my bike for the regulars (brake light, signals, horn). They then explained every instruction will be repeated twice and if at anytime i did not hear or understand the instructions given then i were to tap my head twice with my left hand (they might give you a different signal).

Once they've explained all of that they told me to get on my motorcycle and start when ready, take it nice and slow in the parking lot back to the entrance of the drive test (lawrence). Before you approach the exit they will tell you take a right on lawrence. Stop and wait until its safe to go (and really sell the 2-way check with a head bob). As i turned onto Lawrence they asked me to make a lane change to the left when safe to do so. Once that was completed they told me to change back to the right when safe. Also, always stay in the blocking position of your lane.

Once i reached the second set of lights (Underhill Drive) they told me to take a right onto this street. Here they will choose to either go left or right at the first or second residential street. Once i turned onto that residential street i was told to do an emergency stop (signal to the right, pull over and step off the bike) then told me to get back on my bike and continue down the road. I ride through the residential area and they led me back to Underhill & Lawrence.

Here they told me to take a right and merge onto DVP north. Merged onto the DVP (sold the head-bobbing again) then told me to do a lane change when safe, changed to the middle lane, then told to change back to the right lane. Stayed in my blocking position at all times then was told to exit at York Mills. Exited at York Mills and was instructed to get back onto the DVP south immediately after exiting. Merged onto DVP south headed down to Lawrence East exit, merged back onto Lawrence and did 2 lane changes to the left and then did the ending left turn at the drive test centre.

Edit: That video Sushii posted pretty much sums it up except that guy tested had a bit of a detour since DVP north was closed :p .

Also i suggest bringing ear plugs to plug your other ear (made it ALOT better for me to hear them as my pipe is a bit loud)

Last edited:
Once again this proves that YOU PEOPLE ARE SUPER GOOODDDDD THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I really appreciate it. I will go drive the test route and with some luck pass the test and then RIDING RIDING RIDING until it starts to snow. : ) Thank you again

I did it at downsview a couple weeks ago and had no problems... If you know what you're doing then you'll be fine. My tip is to remember to check your blind spot when making right/left turns, the only thing that I got nicked for...

I did it at downsview a couple weeks ago and had no problems... If you know what you're doing then you'll be fine. My tip is to remember to check your blind spot when making right/left turns, the only thing that I got nicked for...

^ same thing i got ding'd for

just passed my M today at downsview =)

make sure to keep your brake lights on while decelerating on the off ramp, instead of only using engine braking, and also make sure to have the brake light lit 100% of the time during a stop.

and while stopped make sure to continue doing your traffic checks while waiting for light to go green! =)

goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom