Front and Rear Stands for a Bike - Any Recommendations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Front and Rear Stands for a Bike - Any Recommendations?

AngelEyez

Site Supporter
So i need to get a set of front and rear stands for my bike. I don't want to spend a ton of money on it but I also don't want something so cheap that I'll walk into my garage one day and find my bike on the floor due to a stand malfunction.

Any recommendations?

I'm leaning towards the Venom front and rear combo wheel lift stand set. I see it available for $70.00. Anyone have this set?

I have the same set and they've held up great over the last two years.
I stored my bike on them for two seasons and no problems.
Just make sure you assemble them properly and don't strip the bolts.
$70/set can't go wrong.

Pitbull, the rest are all garbage.

They do look good but 140-150 a piece, plus taxes?.... I'm looking at 310+ for a set? That's if I order direct and not including shipping costs... I'm guessing if I buy local somewhere, assuming I can find it - will be more expensive.... it's a bit pricey compared to the Venom.

They do look good but 140-150 a piece, plus taxes?.... I'm looking at 310+ for a set? That's if I order direct and not including shipping costs... I'm guessing if I buy local somewhere, assuming I can find it - will be more expensive.... it's a bit pricey compared to the Venom.
Rider's choice carries them.

i saw them at gp

Pitbull, the rest are all garbage.

What exactly makes them garbage?!:rolleyes: I guess you just like to buy super expensive stuff just for the name and to look cool...I've had a pair of the "cheap" red pair for over 4 years and they work fine, just bought another pair for my track bike...

I've seen bikes fall off of pitbull stands after they where pit on them improperly.As long as the welds are good,and you know how to use them properly,cheap bvp stands are just as good.I use a bvp front stand to lift the front of my 900lb Wing whenever i wash it.Works great.

I just picked up a rear venom stand..cant go wrong for $45 bucks. Its something i bought just for when i have to maintenance my bike. Definitely didn't want to spend $150+ for a stand so i opt'd for this piece.

What exactly makes them garbage?!:rolleyes: I guess you just like to buy super expensive stuff just for the name and to look cool...I've had a pair of the "cheap" red pair for over 4 years and they work fine, just bought another pair for my track bike...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHVNutq5My8

Yup it's all about spending excessive money for the name and "cool factor"... has nothing to do with build quality, functionality, materials used or reliability.... Now excuse me as I go print bills off.

Pitbull are the best hands down they are more sturdy and the leverage point is better. However after using a set of the Gorilla/Venom ones I could never justify purchasing Pitbull ones again. Well only if I owned a shop and had to use them multiple times per day or didn't care where my hard earned money went.

Yup... Got my stands from them last year... Looks the same as the Venom ones they are sling now... But the brand i got was Gorrila?....

No complaints.... works well on my R6....

All the 'Gorilla' stuff they used to carry is now branded as Venom but is exactly the same, I'm guessing some kind of name conflict.

I have cheap CT stands from before I found these guys so I can't comment on those but their other products have worked fine for me with the only complaint being the lack of instructions.

If I was buying again I'd probably go with Venom but skip the front stand as I usually use a chock or stem-stand instead.

Pitbull are the best hands down they are more sturdy and the leverage point is better. However after using a set of the Gorilla/Venom ones I could never justify purchasing Pitbull ones again. Well only if I owned a shop and had to use them multiple times per day or didn't care where my hard earned money went.

I think I share this sentiment after having read all the posts providing positive feedback on the cheaper stands. Unfortunately I couldn't find any video reviews online of the Venoms.

Maybe when I get a Ducati I'll splurge on the Pitbulls... but at this point... the price differential between the venom's and the pitbulls is pretty big - 70 dollars for a set v. 300 plus - That's almost five times as expensive! .... I can't really justify the rolls royce of motorcycle stands at this point.

I appreciate everyone's feedback though - Thanks!

I bought the venom and they do the job. Don't buy the Canadian tire ones. The rear is good but the front stand is pretty bad. However make sure you put the venom stands together properly or else the front stand won't work. It will keep slipping.

I bought them eBay, free shipping.

Back
Top Bottom