Friend wants me to register motorcycle under my name due to outstanding tickets | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friend wants me to register motorcycle under my name due to outstanding tickets

This person has basically exited the ability to operate a vehicle legally in this country in the foreseeable future.

If this friend of yours is such a good friend that you're willing to screw up your life when things go sour, sure go for it.

But, if you're a normal, hard working, relatively intelligent person (which you seem to be) then I would steer the F away from that trainwreck of a friend. He/she will use you until you're no longer needed as others have said, or find another 'friend' to help them with this stupid scheme.

No good can come of this plan. Doomed to fail. If you go through with it, which I and all of GTAM hope you don't, just be prepared for the fallout.

Here's a little loophole... have him register a corporation, a numbered company is fine, he can then register and insure the bike under the business name.

Here's a little loophole... have him register a corporation, a numbered company is fine, he can then register and insure the bike under the business name.
How does insurance work with that? I thought you needed a certain number of vehicles for fleet insurance? Fleet insurance is normally expensive as well but given his record, it may be cheaper than normal insurance. As a starting point he needs to but his bike money towards his fines or he will just continue circling the drain. Even if a business owns the vehicle, he needs a valid license to operate it.

Even if a business owns the vehicle, he needs a valid license to operate it.

Correct, the only time you need to worry about paying the fines is if the plate is in your name. If it's going under a business name, then it's the business that owns the vehicle and the plate. No fines to worry about.

Correct, the only time you need to worry about paying the fines is if the plate is in your name. If it's going under a business name, then it's the business that owns the vehicle and the plate. No fines to worry about.
They're only tied to the plate purchase/renewal, not the actual license renewal every five years? Interesting.

Keep in mind his current fines will absolutely come due when his personal drivers licence is up for renewal. No escaping that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you not have to list the drivers for commercial auto policies?
Can you get commercial auto insurance only.. or will the insurance company want you to have a general liability policy, etc.. as well?

I've had people insure cars under their own policy, just under the business name... Not entirely sure how that part works to be completely honest.

I also don't think fines show up upon renewal, they usually only show up on plate renewal or if you're getting new plates.

I've had people insure cars under their own policy, just under the business name... Not entirely sure how that part works to be completely honest.

I also don't think fines show up upon renewal, they usually only show up on plate renewal or if you're getting new plates.

driving infractions go against a person's licence. OP didn't say what the fines were for.. but..
If what his friend said was true.. He wants to buy it and store it... I believe he can still register the bike with no licence.. just can't plate it for the road... so his story of needing OP to register it so he can store it until he's good again.. doesn't hold.

Back
Top Bottom