Frame Inspection - Structural Integrity | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Frame Inspection - Structural Integrity

I wouldn’t ride on an aluminum frame that’s been cut up up and rewelded together. Steel wouldn’t bug me as much.
Suzuki GSXRs and Honda Goldwings both had factory recalls that involved cutting and welding the aluminum frames
No problems welding aluminum if you know what you're doing.

Does anyone know of a company/shop in the GTA that can inspect a frame and provide a report.

I bought a frame from the US, that is not damaged in any way (vandalized body work only) and I need an inspection to put it on the street.

Cheers all

No such shop in Ontario. The nearest shop that can truly repair a frame to factory spec is in Ohio. You don't say whether this frame is an insurance salvage, or just something that an owner wrecked and parted out. In this case the peanut gallery here is right on: salvage bikes cannot be registered.

Javafan, there’s plenty of information provided to know what the original poster is trying to get done. A structural inspection is done to change the brand on a vehicle from salvage to rebuilt. That’s the only reason someone would be asking for a shop that can do this. He even mentions that RIV allows salvage vehicles to Canada.

If he’s bought the frame already unfortunately he’s asked the question at the wrong time. If he hasn’t then I hope the information posted helps him to avoid purchasing a salvage branded frame.

I’m not sure why you think people are guessing on this.

well you did use the word if, twice...lol

alright....so although OP hasn't indicated where the frame is

If it's been imported as a vehicle or parts only

If he has a title for it

If it's been branded in a US state

You must all be correct that your assumptions are on point

GTAM legal team wins based on FA
This place is awesome

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 Pro using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

So? Are you actually returning to your thread to provide some answers?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Does anyone know of a company/shop in the GTA that can inspect a frame and provide a report.

I bought a frame from the US, that is not damaged in any way (vandalized body work only) and I need an inspection to put it on the street.

Cheers all
So? Are you actually returning to your thread to provide some answers?

Forgot to quote the OP lol.

well you did use the word if, twice...lol

alright....so although OP hasn't indicated where the frame is

If it's been imported as a vehicle or parts only

If he has a title for it

If it's been branded in a US state

You must all be correct that your assumptions are on point

GTAM legal team wins based on FA
This place is awesome

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 Pro using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
It doesn't matter, there are no "ifs". The frame must be inspected and declared "safe". That service does not exist for motorcycles in Ontario. Therefore this frame cannot be used to register a bike in Ontario. Pretty simple answer.

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom