Fort Erie | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fort Erie

quikcolin

I don't know much, but from what I've heard this could be one heck of a track/facility! Im sure there have been threads about it before, but something tells me there has been more information made available recently.... soooooo....

Who knows anything about this? What have you heard?

If this actually happens it would be pretty amazing.

Colin

LOL, well sh!t... have I been living under a rock or something??? LOL

Thanks Ken!

It's a rock called Call of Duty: MW2.

Speaking of which, Ima grab my SCAR-H and give you the savage beating of a lifetime tonight.

They got the final approval from Fort Erie fairly recently. I haven't been by there to see if they've broken ground or not.

Hey buddy!

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the dozers are getting loaded up and ready to "do work"!!!

It's a rock called Call of Duty: MW2.

Speaking of which, Ima grab my SCAR-H and give you the savage beating of a lifetime tonight.

Didn't you get spanked last night?

Are there issues? Or you just not very optimistic?

I'm not very optimistic. I'm in the Niagara Region, and I've heard about this racetrack for about 20 years now.

If/when they start construction, I'll believe it.

Guh...There's no talking to stupid people so why bother. Hopefully the city pushes it through, which is what they should do if they want Fort Erie to avoid the fate of the rest of the region.

The Niagara Region is becoming (has become?) a massive **** hole with no redeeming value or reason to venture to (aside from the wine). If it weren't for Niagara Falls and the wine region, it would be as bad as Detroit.

The Niagara Region is becoming (has become?) a massive **** hole with no redeeming value or reason to venture to (aside from the wine). If it weren't for Niagara Falls and the wine region, it would be as bad as Detroit.

With the new performing arts and brock arts campus going downtown, hopefully that will do something...it will probably turn St. Catharines into a pure University City...I guess that's better than a dwindling GM city. But yea...if they fcuk that up like they fcked up the 4 pad rink.......city hall aint too bright around here. Niagara Falls is mafia run (not as bad as quebec....yet), but what do you expect from a border city... Average income in st.catharines is low $20 000.....

Guh...There's no talking to stupid people so why bother. Hopefully the city pushes it through, which is what they should do if they want Fort Erie to avoid the fate of the rest of the region.

Fate of the rest of the region? There's talk that the Ft. Erie Race Track (the existing one for horse's) can't hold its own even with the addition of slot machines. A racetrack that holds 10-20 events a year won't be too profitable either, and that's all today’s society wants, high return on investment.

St. Catharines will have a hospital, Ft. Erie wont.

Yet Toronto has had two murders for 2011, Niagara none. Rush hour delays, Niagara wins again. Condo bike thefts, well, we have very few condos, so maybe that's not a fair comparison. Which city is similar to Detroit now?

This thread is supposed to be a discussion of a possible race track in the area, not about the +/- ratio of the region.

The point is that its sad to see towns people fight against this kind of venue. You can't compare the Region to T.O. because it's apples and oranges. Compare it to the regions around KW, London, Kingston, Ottawa, etc.

http://list.moneysense.ca/rankings/best-places-to-live/2010/prosperity/Default.aspx?sp2=1&d1=a&sc1=0

On the list of best places to live in Canada, Fort Erie didn't even make the list out of 179 cities. That says a lot. Even Welland made the list!

Again, my point is that its a shame that some towns people can't see the benefit that the track will bring, because frankly doing nothing seems to be the worse option. I'm sure the guy who runs the Foodland in Cayuga likes their race track.

FYI from Sandy Annunziata's Facebook

"How and where we invest is based on a model of risk. We have NO confidence in this Council, therefore our level of risk goes from acceptable and manageable to unacceptable and unmanageable. Investment in Fort Erie would not be advisable."
-Azhar Mohammed, Canadian Motor Speedway-
Political will in the investment community IS A VERY REAL CURRENCY.

I guess it isn't happening folks

And a year or two from now, the concept of a race track in Ft. Erie will be back, likely with the same results, yet again.:(

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom