For those without pinlock what do you do for anti-fog ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

For those without pinlock what do you do for anti-fog ?

KenC

I'm always cracking the visor to let air in, but it's a PITA every time I stop at the light, then I'm popping the visor back down when I take off.

Options:
- rain-x wipes/sprays
- shaving cream hack (god knows there lots around haven't shaved in over a month working from home)
- dish soap
- weepro insert (anyone try one of those ?)

I just picked up a Bell RS2 from GP, and have the transitions visor from my last Bell, so I'm not really interested in a new helmet solution.

Attachments

• RS2-small.jpg
    RS2-small.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 28
I kept looking up anti-fog and never breath box, seems I missed the boat on that one, there was one for the RS1 (which I did have, now discontinued).
I think the RS2 is now discontinued as well RS1-breath-box

Maybe I'll give a generic one a shot, thanks.

Last edited:
Same thing with I do with the visor on my hockey helmet. Wipe on some Sunlight dish soap. Let it dry. Breathe on it and it disappears.

I kept looking up anti-fog and never breath box, seems I missed the boat on that one, there was one for the RS1 (which I did have, now discontinued).
I think the RS2 is now discontinued as well RS1-breath-box

Maybe I'll give a generic on a shot, thanks.
You can still get the Respro one here:

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

so, I've tried last spring shaving cream hack (there is a video on fortnine about it). I've also tried Fogzero antifog (Fog Zero Anti Fog). Both options worked but not for a long time (a few days max). But I was riding on late evenings when it was getting cold. Your mileage might vary especially if riding conditions will be better.

At some point, I gave up and bought pinlock (had to buy a new face shield as well). Pinlock works like magic! It worth every dollar if you ride in the evenings/mornings in spring/autumn.

If I'm going light to light, I just leave the visor open a crack (or more, if I am wearing sunglasses, I leave it fully open in town much of the time). Why do you need to close it everytime you move?

If I'm going light to light, I just leave the visor open a crack (or more, if I am wearing sunglasses, I leave it fully open in town much of the time). Why do you need to close it everytime you move?
I don't really have to, almost becomes habit..

I tried the pin lock crap. Did nothing to fix the issue.

Just learn how to breath without fogging up your visor, lift the visor before you come to a complete stop, open just a tad in slow traffic.

Used to have a Respro Foggy before I got a pinlock, worked great! I think I got mine from Rider's Choice, not sure what their current shopping situation is.

A couple of things to try.

1) learn how to adjust the vents in your helmet. Most decent helmets ventilate well without freexing your head, adjusting the vents properly helps a lot.

2) Get a spray bottle of anti-fog made for hockey shields. It's cheap - $10 supply will last a season or two, it also has another benefit in that it clears minor scratches.

3) If you're a mouth breather, get peel and stick face bandanna 10 for $5bucks on Amazon.
1586277264744.png

Last edited:
I tried the pin lock crap. Did nothing to fix the issue.

Just learn how to breath without fogging up your visor, lift the visor before you come to a complete stop, open just a tad in slow traffic.

I agree

my Nolan came with the pinlock
ended up taking it out
normal visor+pinlock+sun visor was too much crap to look through
made it difficult to read the instrument cluster and GPS
managing just fine without it

HJC's + Pinlocks have always worked for me.
Also used the above combo during outdoor rain karting a few times
oh
I've also used it while snowblowing in the winter with success. Not sure how some are overcoming physics... ya'll must be magicians.

Back
Top Bottom