For the right-leaning members here, which Conservative candidate would you vote for? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

For the right-leaning members here, which Conservative candidate would you vote for?

I didn't say that. But liberal views are very contradictory to the catholic faith. I can tell you that.

You didn't mean to say it but it was clearly implied. You can be a good person without being religious.

Without getting into what views you think fall into that category, is there something wrong with not holding the same views at the catholic faith? Catholic priests, bishops, cardinals, etc., were all cool with raping children for decades if not hundreds of years and would still be if they weren't caught.

Without getting into what views you think fall into that category, is there something wrong with not holding the same views at the catholic faith?

What are the official catholic faith views?

Without getting into what views you think fall into that category, is there something wrong with not holding the same views at the catholic faith? Catholic priests, bishops, cardinals, etc., were all cool with raping children for decades if not hundreds of years and would still be if they weren't caught.

Is that wrong of them? Is what they did endorsed/supported by the catholic faith?

Run for parliament

Not gonna happen. You have to start relatively young to make a difference and you have to sacrifice quite a bit. None of these things apply to me. So such cards are really not on the table.

Just curious, can somebody be religious & liberal? I find it totally contradictory to their beliefs & moral values

Being 100% pure atheist, can you pls elaborate the connection here? .... trying to tap into the unknown here, LOL.

You didn't mean to say it but it was clearly implied. You can be a good person without being religious.

I don't know what you're insinuating that I implied but I'll elaborate on what I said. Liberal views clashes with religious views

Catholic priests, bishops, cardinals, etc., were all cool with raping children for decades if not hundreds of years and would still be if they weren't caught.

Really? They were all cool with it? You must have some evidence to back such an outrageous assertion... ?

I'd have to assume then that every Muslim is a terrorist.

I don't know what you're insinuating that I implied but I'll elaborate on what I said. Liberal views clashes with religious views

I don't think you know what the word elaborate means. The word you're looking for is repeat.

Really? They were all cool with it? You must have some evidence to back such an outrageous assertion... ?

I'd have to assume then that every Muslim is a terrorist.

The system as a whole allowed it to happen by either ignoring the incidents or transferring the offenders to another parish to become someone else's problem. So no, they weren't all cool with it. I was just pointing out that there is no correlation between religion or lack thereof and morality.

I don't think you know what the word elaborate means. The word you're looking for is repeat.

The system as a whole allowed it to happen by either ignoring the incidents or transferring the offenders to another parish to become someone else's problem. So no, they weren't all cool with it. I was just pointing out that there is no correlation between religion or lack thereof and morality.
Sure... But you still haven't helped bring your point across

Bishop Desmond Tutu might disagree, as might quite a few African American pastors.
I have no idea who you're talking about. But I'm going to say if I were to randomly pick a Christian or a Liberal, I'd find a Christian least likely to kill or rob me

I have a tendency to be a libertarian-minded conservative. That puts me in favor of Max Bernier or Erin O'Toole. Bernier can speak both official languages and that is important. Kevin O'Leary is not a conservative. He is a red-tory, or about as close to a liberal as you can get without joining the Liberal Party. O'Leary is an eastern-Canadian establishment darling, he'll keep the CBC well-funded, he'll keep the old-boys network safe, he says he will outlaw semi-automatic firearms (like that will do any good since 95% of the illegal ones are smuggled) and he never really was much of a businessman in spite of his Dragon's den job. He does not stand for what I like most - a free society where there is less interference in the lives of individuals.

I have a tendency to be a libertarian-minded conservative. That puts me in favor of Max Bernier or Erin O'Toole. Bernier can speak both official languages and that is important. Kevin O'Leary is not a conservative. He is a red-tory, or about as close to a liberal as you can get without joining the Liberal Party. O'Leary is an eastern-Canadian establishment darling, he'll keep the CBC well-funded, he'll keep the old-boys network safe, he says he will outlaw semi-automatic firearms (like that will do any good since 95% of the illegal ones are smuggled) and he never really was much of a businessman in spite of his Dragon's den job. He does not stand for what I like most - a free society where there is less interference in the lives of individuals.
I don't like his personality much, but that was based on the media he portrays. Thanks for your contribution, I will keep that in mind

I don't like his personality much, but that was based on the media he portrays. Thanks for your contribution, I will keep that in mind

If you aren't a card carrying member of the party the decision could be made to go with O'Leary or Elmer Fudd regardless of your opinion.

Let's say they went with Bernier instead of O'Toole while you preferred O'Toole. Would you then vote Liberal, Green, NDP, Indie?

He had a serious business program on TV. If he ever runs for Prime Minister the lefties will have a field day with quotes from that show. If he wasn't genuine on that program then he is not credible.

If you aren't a card carrying member of the party the decision could be made to go with O'Leary or Elmer Fudd regardless of your opinion.

Let's say they went with Bernier instead of O'Toole while you preferred O'Toole. Would you then vote Liberal, Green, NDP, Indie?

How many memberships do you think Kevin will sell?
Good candidate or not... He will bring some much needed attention to the game... If nothing else.

I wouldn't bet against him being the next PM.

Back
Top Bottom