Foot wear | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Foot wear

I considered traction in my choice. Sometimes the contour of the road isn't friendly and the pavement is worn smooth. When you come to a stop and your foot starts to slide, keeping a heavy bike upright goes bad fast. I ended up with a plain black pair of Sidis. OK for walking a block or two.

Have a pair of Dianese Torque and a pair of the BMW Allround boots. Without a doubt the Dianese look to be safer as they are track focused. However, I use the Allround more and especially for touring for their comfort and they are still waterproof after 5 years.

Did you ever have waterproof boots with a zipper up the side :/ I never seen a waterproof zipper yet unless it was like the ones on a zip lock bag.
If you want waterproof boots, just pull a couple of used bread bags over your socks before you put your boots on ;) works like a charm.
Yup. I wear Wellington boots when I ride, learned about them when riding with some cowboys in Texas Mine are tough as nails, the have a full zipper side with a leather gusset. I oil them once a year and I can walk to water up to the cuff and stay dry.

They are comfortable off the bike too so I don’t need to carry extra shoes.

Wellington boots.

Alpinestars SMX-Plus boots for touring or anything spirited.
Alpinestars SMX-1 lowcut boots for commuting or most other casual rides.

What is the difference between casual riding and non casual riding?
In my opinion riding is riding.

Any one recall the stat, that most accident happen withing XX KM (a short distance) from home.

I can't recall (from your other post) what bike you have or will be getting. But you also want your boots to be comfortable.
For example: boots that are intended to be used on a cruiser style bike will probably be not as comfortable on a sport bike.

Regardless, as @Wingboy pointed out, you should get the best gear you can afford, taking safety and comfort into account.

The first option are pretty much an overpriced version of Chuck Taylors. Which are slightly better than wearing flip flops on a bike.

Once I got my hands on a pair of Sidi Vertigos, that was they only thing I wore on a bike. Regardless where I went. At the time I had a cubical job so I had a spare pair of shoes at the office. Anywhere else, the boots were my choice of footwear. They were just like wearing a helmet, it was just part of the gear.
View attachment 41915

They are designed to be used primary on sport bikes and the track. But I like them for the street as well.
They are not bulky and have good protection.

If you have regrets about your purchase, I would suggest contacting or going into GP Bikes again and exchanging them for something else that you like. Hopefully they are in a good mood and are able to extend the 20% discount you received on these and apply it to the new boots.

You want to make sure that the "style" or "cool factor" is not higher than safety and protection on the priority list.
I had the Goretex version of these. Looks like they improved them with more ankle bracing in your pic. With mine, I had a VERY minor crash at like 40 kph and managed to get a small ankle fracture. Plus they absolutely sucked to walk in.

I don't like any of those for protection (they do look nice though). The closest they come to ankle protection is a foam disc. At that point, save hundreds and just buy some workboots. Same protection, half the money.

This, use your head when shopping boots. The large majority of motorcycle boots offer zero protection above a standard fashion boot. Go to a bike shop, grab a boot and try to bend the ankle over. How much protection will they offer in a crash?

I'm not advocating to ride around in a full MX boot, just don't buy into the marketing.

Back
Top Bottom