Follow Along: 600rr to California | GTAMotorcycle.com

Follow Along: 600rr to California

Wheelieboy

Sequel to thread: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?135984-Help-me-plan-my-epic-trip-of-a-lifetime!-Toronto-gt-California-and-back-in-15-days!

I’ve finally graduated after a long 5 years of university so what better way to start a new chapter to my life off with an adventure. Origin: Toronto, Canada….Destination: Los Angeles, California. Along the way, I’ll be stopping at famous landmarks/destinations such as Mt. Rushmore, Pikes Peak, Grand Canyon, Apache Trail, Pacific Coast Highway, Monument Valley to name a few. This trip is 1 year in the making, so there is a lot to look forward to. Happiness, Nervousness, Excitement…mixed emotions.

The bike I’ll be riding is the 2005 Honda CBR600RR. People look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them I’m going that far on a supersport. I just think they don’t “get it”….or maybe I’m a little crazy. I’ll be staying at hotel/motels, camping and couchsurfing over the duration of the trip. I’ve never couchsurfed before so that will be a new experience. And to be honest, the first time I put up a tent was today. Lots of new experiences which is what factors into my nervousness.

I’m currently very exhausted from packing all day. This was my only day to pack as I was writing my final exams at school (out of town and away from my bike). I’ll be updating with pictures and comments as I go. Looking forward to having you guys tag along with me!

Follow me in real time on SPOT: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0nB2OfaLQhiCpQB0ICfLvT4e2TyuQo1kq

And my blog:
http://supersporttouring.blogspot.com/

Good luck!

I'm planning a similar trip when I graduate next year too.

That is AWESOME!!!

Youre livin the dream wheelieboy.

That is good to hear. U traveling alone? Always felt a bit uneasy about traveling alone, but I guess it's just the US.

Sounds fun :)

Best of luck, keep in touch. BTW, the CBR is a pretty comfy bike, I don't think you'll have a problem with putting in the miles at all.

the real time trackings pretty cool

You looked packed nice and light!

I wish I would have seen this when you were planning I would have LOVED to join. My bike has a limited 240 km range but I carry Jerry cans when necessary. Anyways, hope the trip goes well, I would love to do something like this in the future if anyone else finds it appealing!

Hey I was reading about a couple who rode from BC to somewhere in Ontario I believe on a SCOOTER 2up and with gear at that. So a sport bike...I'm sure you'll be fine. Not as comfortable as a touring bike for sure but who cares, you'll have fun. As for riding solo, I bought my current ride (Honda ST1300) in Florida. Wife dropped me off at the airport in Buffalo, seller picked me up in Jacksonville. Rode the bike back home solo, went through the Dragon and all sorts of fun places.

It's an epic adventure! Enjoy the ride and be safe. And not that you need any inspiration, but I highly recommend watching "The Long Way Round" & "The Long Way Down" with Ewan McGregor and Chalrey Boorman.

Sweet trip! Ride safe and keep tuned to the weather reports. Major weather storms are frequent across prairie flat lands and southern states.

That sounds like quite the adventure and one I'd like to do one day. Enjoy the trip and ride safe, looking forward to your trip review and photos! Cheers

SPOT is pretty cool. i read all of ur other thread and will stay tuned to this one as well. i hope to do something like this one day.

have fun and ride safe.

You looked packed nice and light!

!

I actually havent packed my tent in that pic but its Sitting on the back of my seat. I also have a backpack with misc stuff. Im goin to rearrange a couple of things tonight for more comfort. Right now my backpack is too heavy

Im in sault saint marie right now eating and warming up. Its freaking 5 degrees up here and my feet are soaked. Gotta wring them out before headig back on the road

I actually havent packed my tent in that pic but its Sitting on the back of my seat. I also have a backpack with misc stuff. Im goin to rearrange a couple of things tonight for more comfort. Right now my backpack is too heavy

Im in sault saint marie right now eating and warming up. Its freaking 5 degrees up here and my feet are soaked. Gotta wring them out before headig back on the road

Lol good luck drying those boots, it took forever for them to dry after I used them for my course :p

WOW..this is amazing. I would love to do this one day. Thanks for letting us come along with you on your journey! Best of luck...and ride safe!

Back
Top Bottom