Flying Squirrel Liquidation | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Flying Squirrel Liquidation

Bid on 15 items won 4. Heading in for 2:30 pm to get my A pickup items and B pickup items. The whole idea with Maxsold and a few others is no centralized location to save them costs. More than a few online auctions doing this. No building, staff, insurance ... just 15% on top. Biggest problem with this auction and few others on maxsold is lacking details / info on items. Wall of gloves but how about how many of each size. On tires how old are they. That sort of stuff. This auction was much better than most of the private ones on this point.

Bid on 15 items won 4. Heading in for 2:30 pm to get my A pickup items and B pickup items. The whole idea with Maxsold and a few others is no centralized location to save them costs. More than a few online auctions doing this. No building, staff, insurance ... just 15% on top. Biggest problem with this auction and few others on maxsold is lacking details / info on items. Wall of gloves but how about how many of each size. On tires how old are they. That sort of stuff. This auction was much better than most of the private ones on this point.
What did you get?

I understand why the business model exists, and for some situations (like FS liquidation) it works very well. Lots of people use it for estate sales and garage clearouts and I can't imagine you get top dollar because so many people are turned off by the hassle of a trip at a defined time to pick up a single item. In residential sales, maxsold still may do better than a yard sale, but I doubt you do much better than kijjij (actually, probably worse than kijiji but you have a defined time where it is done, so you don't have to deal with kijidiots forever).

I got the r65 box of parts. Only want center stand, Michelin blocktires, bunch of shocks and bucket of handle bars. I have. a 1970 R60/5 possible project. Needs lost of work including motor.

Picked up my items today. Though it would be the owner doing it but a bunch of people that new nothing about bike stuff and not all that organized. Lots of stuff that didn’t get listed. I think they work for maxsold but not sure.

For me, it was a smooth process. The people were organized, friendly and very helpful.

One of my purchases was an open box with lots of small hardware and there ended up being a couple of pieces missing. This wasn’t evident from the auction pictures. The staff took the time to search everywhere for the missing hardware which I did appreciate.

I had the option of a full refund, or keep the item and get some money back. I took the second option.

So, for those who picked up items, would you mind having a quick look in your open boxes/bins to see if you have a part that looks like this please. It’s a telescope bracket (made of plastic) with a metal locknut for a National Cycle Windshield. Much appreciated as I know it’s a longshot.

5d9efeb6c19bb938574c4f265b1f4ba4.jpg
122862a6813be0ca1caa53863964123a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the r65 box of parts. Only want center stand, Michelin blocktires, bunch of shocks and bucket of handle bars. I have. a 1970 R60/5 possible project. Needs lost of work including motor.
Nice, hope it works out for you. Can't imagine you had much competition bidding.

Risky move to buy a 190 Q3+ for $200 with no age info! Could get it new for that!
I was bidding on those up to a certain value, when you add the 15% that gets tacked on before tax, they basically went for full retail.

Got 4 sets of shocks plus this one. No idea what it's for. On the top it has "245.1.66.85504 SUIS" google not much help yet.

ortaoMu.gif

S9Gmna9.jpg

IQ2QaXp.gif

Got 4 sets of shocks plus this one. No idea what it's for. On the top it has "245.1.66.85504 SUIS" google not much help yet.

ortaoMu.gif

S9Gmna9.jpg

IQ2QaXp.gif
That shock has some very interesting design features. It should be easy for someone to identify if they have ever seen one before. Does @glen@fsmotorcycle still have access to the inventory? Maybe he can tell you what they think it is for.

was sealed in a bag seems new or very clean. Still going through the garbage bin of handle bars.

The people at the sale said shop had to be vacated by Monday.

I was bidding on the exhaust

@GVH it might not be for a motorcycle. Could be for ATV or snowmobile.

If anything you could make it into a nice industrial/steampunk lamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom