First service | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First service

You don't have to go to the dealer to maintain your warranty but you do need service records showing it was done, and done properly. The advice of do it yourself is well meant but I've seen it when people do their own, don't have proper records then warranty is denied when something goes wrong.
What do you suggest for proof? Receipts, checklists and pictures?
When buying the bike have the dealer work the price of the first service in.
Something like you keep the T shirt but give me a deal on the work
Hopefully the dealer is local tho
Haha I tried getting them to split the first service with me.

Yes, that's right. I'm not going to take the time out of my day to go all the way down and argue with crooks who don't care anyway. So I'll b!tch about it on a forum. Not only will I do that, but I'll encourage everyone to do their own oil changes and not get fleeced by the warranty service scam like almost $400 to pretend to "check" everything and do an oil change.

What's the point of b!tching? Simple. To notify others that if you get warranty service look at the amount of oil they're charging you for before leaving the shop (I didn't until I got home and filed the invoice). Point out the "mistake". If they refuse, don't argue, call the police on the spot and let them have a talk with them.
If you really want to help us out, tell us who the dealership is.

Yes, that's right. I'm not going to take the time out of my day to go all the way down and argue with crooks who don't care anyway. So I'll b!tch about it on a forum. Not only will I do that, but I'll encourage everyone to do their own oil changes and not get fleeced by the warranty service scam like almost $400 to pretend to "check" everything and do an oil change.

What's the point of b!tching? Simple. To notify others that if you get warranty service look at the amount of oil they're charging you for before leaving the shop (I didn't until I got home and filed the invoice). Point out the "mistake". If they refuse, don't argue, call the police on the spot and let them have a talk with them.
They ripped you off to the tune of $400, yet you refuse to do anything to let them possibly rectify their error because its too much hassle ?
You didn't look at the invoice to see how much you'd paid before leaving the store ?
Then you ***** about it on an open forum but refuse to tell us who it was ?
Who are you helping here by sharing this ?
So many questions...

They ripped you off to the tune of $400, yet you refuse to do anything to let them possibly rectify their error because its too much hassle ?
You didn't look at the invoice to see how much you'd paid before leaving the store ?
Then you ***** about it on an open forum but refuse to tell us who it was ?
Who are you helping here by sharing this ?
So many questions...

No, and I didn't stand there watching them do the job either. I expect them to know what they're doing. Do it right or lose the business. That is all.

No, and I didn't stand there watching them do the job either. I expect them to know what they're doing. Do it right or lose the business. That is all.
Tell you what, take a pic of the work order and chop the name of the dealership off. Let us all see what the fuss is about ?

Tell you what, take a pic of the work order and chop the name of the dealership off. Let us all see what the fuss is about ?
I'll tell you what, you ask the website owner if its okay for me to post that information, knowing full well that someone here is going to put 2+2 together then squawk that they know what dealer it is and cause serious harm to their reputation. Since you're bent on being an apologist for incompetence, and since you seem to think that in any case or event it is the customer who is automatically at fault, because it's what you wanna believe, even if its a lie.

I'll tell you what, you ask the website owner if its okay for me to post that information, knowing full well that someone here is going to put 2+2 together then squawk that they know what dealer it is and cause serious harm to their reputation. Since you're bent on being an apologist for incompetence, and since you seem to think that in any case or event it is the customer who is automatically at fault, because it's what you wanna believe, even if its a lie.
I'm not an apologist, I don't think you the customer is automatically at fault, and I don't believe in lies.
I believe in facts and truth.
If you don't care to share that's up to you and the moderators of this forum.
Generally I find there's always more to the story - yours and the dealers.
You walked away without giving them a chance to make good, that's your right and privilege.

Posting the info (factual) is no different than a review. Just don't turn it into an attack of any kind.

So I guess its easier to b*tch about what happened on a forum than return to the shop for what you're rightly entitled to ?
Whether intentional or accidental they owe you money, demand they make it right.
THEN don't go back...
I tried to get bike shop to make it right and they wouldn't. So now they get to give me a price on everything I buy (from someone else) just so I know the other shop has a good price. Even went in to waste their time by sitting on bikes to find out what fits me, knowing if I found something I'd buy it else where. What goes around comes around.

Last edited:
Reactions: TK4
plus throttle body sync and reset of the ECU for the next service interval.
if you plan on doing a bee-em service yourself, factor in the cost of torx and torque wrenches .
LOL I find it funny how gullible some people are thinking that dealerships actually perform the 59-point inspection on a bike or a car when you bring it in for an overpriced service and oil change. They even torx-wrench it to a tee too? Yeah okay. Oh yeah and the resetting of that odometer is also a hard thing to do.

There's a reason why most mechanic shops don't want you to be looking at them when they work on your machines, and "insurance liability issues" has nothing to do with it.

I opted for the last option and have saved money $$ ever since and avoided damage on my bike by amateur "technicians" at mechanic shops. Like the Canadian Tire teenaged technician who cross-threaded my oil drain plug the other time.

I've had that at green and Ross and then tell you it's not their fault and force you to buy a $10 bolt for damages they did.

I've had that at green and Ross and then tell you it's not their fault and force you to buy a $10 bolt for damages they did.
Neither Green & Ross or Cdn Tire are dealerships.
Most of the time the people working on your vehicle are not licenced technicians.
It doesn't excuse their behaviour, but you should expect more from a dealership.

Then they made a mistake (intentional or otherwise) - call them out on it. Its your money ?

I'm going to do them one better. I'm going to save myself the entire scam, including phony checks, high labour and oil overcharges. I'm going to do the work myself, and I'll do a better job. I encourage others to learn and do the same.

Back
Top Bottom