Just arrived yesterday for the Ninja 250R

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

What it sounds like vs Stock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MQrLXsxk5I

Sounds adorable!

I would be cautious modding the 250; I bought a new one last year with a Yosh CF slip on; it sounded great, but the throttle was laggy; so I got it re-jetted and added air filter to it in the spring when it was cold... when it got hot in July it had huge throttle/hesitation issues, the jetting/carb needed to be adjusted, turns out when you do this you have to keep adjusting it as the weather changes... So I sold it and got a SFV650 FI bike...

Very nice, Must sound like a beast!

Do these things actually add power or is it just for looks and sound?

Slip-ons are mostly for looks and the sound.. a full system might add a few horses

I noticed a little extra with the yoshi pipe and shimmed carbs. I stress "little"

I have read some reviews online regarding this slip on and the consensus was that it felt a bit more responsive however, the main motivation behind the purchase was in fact the deeper tone.

I would be cautious modding the 250; I bought a new one last year with a Yosh CF slip on; it sounded great, but the throttle was laggy; so I got it re-jetted and added air filter to it in the spring when it was cold... when it got hot in July it had huge throttle/hesitation issues, the jetting/carb needed to be adjusted, turns out when you do this you have to keep adjusting it as the weather changes... So I sold it and got a SFV650 FI bike...

slip on wont change that problem...a very high percentage of 250's from 08 to now are jetting sooooo poorly.

that bike would have been kife with the oem exhaust too...

re-jet is a must on those bikes, slip on or not.

OP awesome dude! thats a sexy pipe.

can anyone explain FMF HMF is HMF just a knock off or same company or?

Great choice Stugatts! I bought the exact same pipe, with same color choice, when I had my 250 two seasons ago. You're going to love it! From my research, and I did ALOT, this is the deepest sounding pipe for the little Ninja. It did not dissapoint. I loved it

PS as others have said, your bike would definitely benefit from shimming the carb needles after you install that bad boy. My bike was running a bit lean with the pipe. There are plenty of tutorials on 250 forums for this. If you want I still have the stainless steel needle shims that you will need to do this. I never ended up using them before I sold my bike. If you (or anyone else needs them) they urs free

can anyone explain FMF HMF is HMF just a knock off or same company or?

Different companies. HMF racing makes custom exhausts and is based out of Ohio

Hey^ thanks for the props! I am definitely very excited to install the pipe and hope it sounds just as great in person as it does on youtube!

Let's see that mounted!!! Pics!!!

I agree with above posters ... you wont see much in HP gains ... but it will look cool and sound cool!!

Let's see that mounted!!! Pics!!!

I agree with above posters ... you wont see much in HP gains ... but it will look cool and sound cool!!

haha you hit it perfectly at the end there, I didn't get it for HP potential, just a small mod to keep me content until I upgrade to a ZX6R in the future.

I will post a full review and more pictures of it mounted.....shortly.

How much did it cost you? Where'd you get it?

Edit: Why did you choose this over Two Brothers or Yoshimura? Price?

Last edited:
How much did it cost you? Where'd you get it?

Edit: Why did you choose this over Two Brothers or Yoshimura? Price?

I ordered this from eBay for $440 shipped to my house from the US. I bought this for a number of reasons, price was not a defining one but played a role.
1) the Deep tone of the exhaust
2) Made in USA
3) Price
4) Attractive Styling

I ordered this from eBay for $440 shipped to my house from the US. I bought this for a number of reasons, price was not a defining one but played a role.
1) the Deep tone of the exhaust
2) Made in USA
3) Price
4) Attractive Styling

$440 for a 250r slipon? I'd consider that on the pricey side.. I got a Jardine full system for my GS for under $400 shipped.

$440 for a 250r slipon? I'd consider that on the pricey side.. I got a Jardine full system for my GS for under $400 shipped.

That however did include roughly $95 of brokerage and shipping fees as well as HST. The actual slip on exhaust price was $340.

Back
Top Bottom