Finding deadbeat customers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finding deadbeat customers

FullMotoJacket

Site Supporter
Looking for a way to find a customer with a sizable outstanding invoice that's gone underground. If anyone knows a good PI in the west end or has another method of getting his address from a lic. plate #, let's hear it. Any names or other "creative" solutions that might not be kosher to post here, feel free to PM me.

TIA

Looking for a way to find a customer with a sizable outstanding invoice that's gone underground. If anyone knows a good PI in the west end or has another method of getting his address from a lic. plate #, let's hear it. Any names or other "creative" solutions that might not be kosher to post here, feel free to PM me.

TIA

Just a guess but you can legally go and have the Bailiffs Office find him and request collection unless that is after a small claims court ruling. The guy will say take him to court anyways and you could be charged with harassment depending on your approach.

just saying

depends on the product or service sold. there is different approaches or methods used.

Business is incorporated, but he moved all his machinery out in the middle of the night and hasn't dissolved the company, otherwise we would have gotten notification being a secured creditor.

was he month to month? or was he in a lease.

was he month to month? or was he in a lease.

AFAIK he was on a lease and to went month to month while disputing the rent (landlord want's to know where he went, too). Rumours floating around that he's around and is working for someone else now, but no one knows who, and none of the suspected places will divulge anything about employees (rightly so).

unless it is a large amount, might be better to just write it off as a loss and claim for it

Last edited:
It's in excess of $5K

TIA

If you have his Full name, general location of address (city), and/or the customer's phone number, just go on canada411.ca and reverse search.

Would be really easy finding the person if they have a relatively unique last name.

I ended up doing this in high school when a kid from my gfs high school wanted to fight but always ditched on meet ups. He ended up threatening me through e-mails that he'd shoot me blah blah blah cause I sent his address to him and he got scared. Ended up calling his dad posing as my dad saying that he's threatening to "shoot my son". God that was funny hearing the guy get yelled at.

Last edited:
the only thing is the time and energy you put in to get nickels on the dollar will not be worth the effort.

even if you do find him, the courts won't do nothing for you if he is broke and can't afford to pay rent.

the only thing is the time and energy you put in to get nickels on the dollar will not be worth the effort.

even if you do find him, the courts won't do nothing for you if he is broke and can't afford to pay rent.

Although if he is dumb enough to leave the equipment he moved out somewhere where it could be found, that's fair game. You can't just run away from your liabilities while keeping the assets.

Although if he is dumb enough to leave the equipment he moved out somewhere where it could be found, that's fair game. You can't just run away from your liabilities while keeping the assets.

this is true, if the equipment had any value, then it might be worth the time to try and find it.

but you would still have to go to court to put a lien on it.

i put a lien on a BMW a few months back, and the ******** i had to go through to it was like another job.

Last edited:
If you suspect he's around and working for another company and you said you had a license plate #, unless its an enormous industry it wouldn't be hard to do a drive by of competitors and look for the vehicle.
You can also reach out to his suppliers, a salesman that sold him was selling his competitors and will know where he is.
If he stiffed the landlord and others, his employees probably got goosed to so someone will know.

Any of his suppliers that saw him regularily will know "personal" stuff about him, cottage, boat, hobbies. They may well have a home address.

The machinery went somewhere, and somebody moved it. Find a company that moves the type of equipment that left (its a smaller business than youd guess) and see who moved it and where.
There are companies that auction and broker machinery, check those guys and see whos been offered what. If its a small company see if any related stuff is on kijiji.

Finding him isn't that hard, getting anything out of him may be harder. Being a secured creditor only helps if there is something to recover. I have lots of experience chasing losers.

Have you seen his vehicle recently? If you get me his vin# I can get you the registered name and address :)

Any PI can pull his registered plate address and it'll cost THEM $5 (their cost to the MTO).

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom