Fighting a parking ticket? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fighting a parking ticket?

bobjohnson

So i got a parking ticket yesterday thats pure BS. I parked infront of work, right at the edge of the parking zone. I dont know if someone moved my bike or what, but i got a ticket for "STOP SIGNED HIGHWAY DURING PROHIBITED (TIMES/DAYS)" and the comment is "No Stopping, anytime". I took pictures and im clearly a foot ahead of the sign that says "Parking ->". So the only thing i can think of is someone moved my bike outside the parking zone and moved it back when they left, or the parking officer is retarded.

So how does fighting one of these work? The back of the ticket gives some locations i can go, but the hours are ****. I can possibly make it to one of these locations between 8-4:30 but id have to switch schedules with someone at work... Is there a way to debate this via email or a letter or something like that? If not, about how long should i expect to wait if i went to the 55 John St location? I could do it on my lunch break which is around 3pm if i switch shifts...

Ive never fought a parking ticket before because theyve all been legit. This one is pure BS though and theres no way im paying 60 dollars for someone elses mistake.

Scarborough provincial court office is normally not really busy for parking. Traffic on the other hand....

55 john st location is not that busy...I work beside it...

it's just a waste of time :(

55 John is an hour and a half wait if you go on your lunch break.

I filed a parking appeal there 8 months ago and haven't heard back since! Bunch of clowns. You take a number, to fill out the same information on the ticket on another piece of paper, then hand them both over to some mechanized human skin bag who then stamps it!!!

Absolute backward 3rd word bureacracy!

Back in the UK you fight your ticket via email, submit pictures and then a decision is made within a month. 75% of the time you win. You also get to appeal that!!! It is also well known and reported ticket wardens issue tickets even when in doubt and worry about the charge sticking later. Some are very poorly trained so they just issue all day as a revenue system.

Here is is the same....half the scooters parked on sidewalks get nothing, most of the motorbikes that do get tickets, it's hit or miss with these rookies. The problem is the appeals process is archaic!!!!! They won't admit the flaw in their system!

That being said, they also aren't there waiting to write a ticket within 2 mins of expiry and generally I have gotten away with 90% of my own incorrect parking (for about 30 mins on average).

UK has harsher, over zealous wardens, but better appeals system. Here more leniant wardens but an exceptionally poor appeals process.

So grab your lunch, get a movie going on ur iphone and settle in for your lunch time to appeal your ticket.

On average I get 3 parking tickets a year here, and 2 are legitimate. In the UK I used to 12 to 15 with only 2 legitimate and 13 cancelled after 13 essays emailed out!

55 John is an hour and a half wait if you go on your lunch break.

I filed a parking appeal there 8 months ago and haven't heard back since! Bunch of clowns. You take a number, to fill out the same information on the ticket on another piece of paper, then hand them both over to some mechanized human skin bag who then stamps it!!!

Absolute backward 3rd word bureacracy!

Back in the UK you fight your ticket via email, submit pictures and then a decision is made within a month. 75% of the time you win. You also get to appeal that!!! It is also well known and reported ticket wardens issue tickets even when in doubt and worry about the charge sticking later. Some are very poorly trained so they just issue all day as a revenue system.

Here is is the same....half the scooters parked on sidewalks get nothing, most of the motorbikes that do get tickets, it's hit or miss with these rookies. The problem is the appeals process is archaic!!!!! They won't admit the flaw in their system!

That being said, they also aren't there waiting to write a ticket within 2 mins of expiry and generally I have gotten away with 90% of my own incorrect parking (for about 30 mins on average).

UK has harsher, over zealous wardens, but better appeals system. Here more leniant wardens but an exceptionally poor appeals process.

So grab your lunch, get a movie going on ur iphone and settle in for your lunch time to appeal your ticket.

On average I get 3 parking tickets a year here, and 2 are legitimate. In the UK I used to 12 to 15 with only 2 legitimate and 13 cancelled after 13 essays emailed out!

Welcome to Canada...

or you can get someone to file the ticket for you...if you know someone that got some free time.

I filed like 10 tickets there, the longest time ive waited was for about an hour. Theyre pretty quick.

First thing you do is ignore the ticket, don't pay or go to court for a trial date yet. Then, they have to send you a letter saying you've been charged with blah blah blah for parking. If you ever get this letter, take this one to court to book a trial date. Go on ticket combat website, they cover parking tickets very well...

I've never waited more than maybe 20 minutes at john st. And dont sweat your defense too much. Likely you wont even get a court date and if you do and insist on pleading not guilty they will usually not waste their time with you. Just fought one in court a few days ago, they didn't even get to my case in time so it was withdrawn. One hilarious dude before me wasted about 40 minutes with nonsensical circular arguments, it was great.

parkingtickets.to will bring it in for you for like 10 bucks, but like Rossi said, good protocol is to ignore it - explanation on ticketcombat.com

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom