FB Account suspended after one day | GTAMotorcycle.com

FB Account suspended after one day

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Holy Crap...

I created a FB account yesterday to use a local marketplace group.
I have no friends, and I had only 2 posts, one was a reply to where a store was located and the 2nd was asking if anyone owned a sub compact tractor in the area I live in.
I log in tonight to see if anyone replied, only to find my account has been suspended and I'm required to appeal, I have no idea what I did that would cause a suspension and I started the appeal process.. But WTF !?! Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not even sure if this is real I have so little experience with FB...

I'm at a loss, I made no jokes or rude comments, no D pics, nothing.. maybe that is what they expect in the first 24hrs now...
Stupid FB...

Holy Crap...

I created a FB account yesterday to use a local marketplace group.
I have no friends, and I had only 2 posts, one was a reply to where a store was located and the 2nd was asking if anyone owned a sub compact tractor in the area I live in.
I log in tonight to see if anyone replied, only to find my account has been suspended and I'm required to appeal, I have no idea what I did that would cause a suspension and I started the appeal process.. But WTF !?! Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not even sure if this is real I have so little experience with FB...

I'm at a loss, I made no jokes or rude comments, no D pics, nothing.. maybe that is what they expect in the first 24hrs now...
Stupid FB...
I'm an avid contester

I tagged one account yesterday on IG
I'm banned for 7 days

Not sure wtf is going on with Meta

Fwiw

The FB bans are few and far between, so I'm not sure what's going on
That being said, having no FB friends could have set it off as a spam or bot account?
But what do I know, I'm tech challenged
@PrivatePilot may have insight

When you are back, friend me "Joey Bas", see if that helps

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

FB works in weird ways. Someone you interacted with on Marketplace might have reported you as a fake account or scammer however - honestly, a new FB account with only 2 posts and zero friends is not atypical of a lot of scam accounts, and if you immediately dove into buy and sell type stuff, it would set off the spiden senses of some.

Try the appeal and see what happens, but that can be like banging out head into a brick wall sometimes. I was lucky, my Marketplace permissions were turned off on my last fall for reasons that were never explained (although I suspected I knew what the cause was, I never found out for sure) and the automated appeals went absolutely nowhere. I found an obscure "appeals" email address and fired off a polite email explaining the situation, etc etc....and low and behold a few days later I was back in action, and I even got a response from a human.

Anyhow, worst case, since you don't have much invested in your account, if you can't get it fixed...just get a new email address, come up with a fake name, unplug and plug in your modem at home so you get a new IP address (or just use your cellphone) and make a new account. I have a buddy who has zero interest in Facebook but simply wants to get on Marketplace (as it really is the king of the hill now for buy and sell, unfortunately) and he has an account that's fake as hell and it's been going for years.

Stick with kiji for all its warts ....FB is a blight..

Kijiji is effectively a complete and total ghost town compared to FB Marketplace.

I have a love hate relationship with FB....I make some money on it on the side, so there's that, but it's indeed toxic in many ways, but I have a pretty curated set of friends and feeds that have allowed me to tune most of the garbage out.

FB Marketplace however is truly the 900 pound gorilla when it comes to Buy and Sell. The market potential is exponentially larger than Kijiji is anymore. I used to love Kijiji, but it's just a reality that it's a dying platform comparatively.

Is probably is your lack of "history" on FB that set the flashing lights off and got you banned.

As PP said, create a new email and account and and maybe add some friends on there just to make is somewhat legit.
Maybe wait a few days before going on marketplace and asking.
If you want I can set up a fake item for sale and you can message me about. We can complete the "transaction" and give each other a rating.
This might calm things down for them.

BTW.
You are not missing much by not being on FB.
I have not been on since the last outage and I'm still alive. I mainly used it for some marketplace stuff etc.

My decade+ fb account was killed without a single warning.
Likely due to my interactions with 'win the win' 'stop the steal' idiots.
No regrets, **** facebook.
Should try not to let yourself get dragged into the world of TDS, I heard that helps

Is probably is your lack of "history" on FB that set the flashing lights off and got you banned.

As PP said, create a new email and account and and maybe add some friends on there just to make is somewhat legit.
Maybe wait a few days before going on marketplace and asking.
If you want I can set up a fake item for sale and you can message me about. We can complete the "transaction" and give each other a rating.
This might calm things down for them.

BTW.
You are not missing much by not being on FB.
I have not been on since the last outage and I'm still alive. I mainly used it for some marketplace stuff etc.
Possibly but then every new account runs the same risk.
I only created an account for a local group for deals, I have no other interest to be on FB. Oh well, just wanted to ask if this has happened to anybody else.
On FB or not on FB makes no difference to me...

Only place I’ve ever been suspended is here lol . Some mods in the early days didn’t get my sense of humour .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
In talking with my wife, she suspects that someone reported either my reply or my post. Not sure why?
No jokes, no nothing to be fair. replied to a thread that some one was asking where something was on sale, and made a post in regards to sub compact tractors as I'm interested in getting some used implements or trading, borrowing etc. FB did not offer any explanation as to any wrong doings.. I typically don't post anything to "risky" as we are in the era of the snowflake so I tread lightly..

I don't have facebook so can't provide too much insight, but is it possible you're sharing an ip address with someone who spammed or did something ban worthy?

I don't have facebook so can't provide too much insight, but is it possible you're sharing an ip address with someone who spammed or did something ban worthy?
Not likely

In talking with my wife, she suspects that someone reported either my reply or my post. Not sure why?
No jokes, no nothing to be fair. replied to a thread that some one was asking where something was on sale, and made a post in regards to sub compact tractors as I'm interested in getting some used implements or trading, borrowing etc. FB did not offer any explanation as to any wrong doings.. I typically don't post anything to "risky" as we are in the era of the snowflake so I tread lightly..

As someone who runs a lot of groups on FB, I can tell you that the "AI" automated moderation systems are on crack half the time. It's a hopeless mess. I posted the obituary for a friend I lost in a motorcycle accident in one of my own groups a few moths back and the "AI" (using the term "intelligence" is a misnomer) yanked it down as a "cybersecurity threat". 🤦‍♂️

As someone who runs a lot of groups on FB, I can tell you that the "AI" automated moderation systems are on crack half the time. It's a hopeless mess. I posted the obituary for a friend I lost in a motorcycle accident in one of my own groups a few moths back and the "AI" (using the term "intelligence" is a misnomer) yanked it down as a "cybersecurity threat". 🤦‍♂️
That is good to know, something I did not think about but makes perfect sense.

I use FB for a couple special interest groups , not unlike this one . I’ve actually met some fun people in person , like this group . However I don’t often get into online shitfights or care much , I have actual live friends to tell me when I’m a dick , I don’t need internet friends for that .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom