Fatal Dog Attack.. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fatal Dog Attack..

Wow. You'd think a grown human would be able to choke or otherwise neutralize it. Damn.

I like the look of some dogs (brindles, grey cane corson etc) but my dog selection criteria means I have to know I can win in a fight so they are out. Obviously this lady had issues when she values her violent dog more than the people in her life. She probably wasnt willing to constructively fight back and then it was death by 1000 cuts.

If you have a dog with a history of violent behaviour you have two options, become the Alpha and run the place, which is not without risk getting there, and VERY dangerous for anyone that is not an alpha in the dogs eyes.
Option two is euthanize violent dogs, which so many cannot because...... so cute usually.....only bit two people and not badly......

I've owned dogs my whole life. I could shoot a violent dog with little remorse.

"a rescue dog that had been used in fighting before she became its owner"

A reasonable explanation.

There are three accepted reactions to attack, freeze, flee or fight. Panic doesn't work and to many people panic. If you're going to fight use every muscle in your body not little girly jabs.

"a rescue dog that had been used in fighting before she became its owner"

A reasonable explanation.

There are three accepted reactions to attack, freeze, flee or fight. Panic doesn't work and to many people panic. If you're going to fight use every muscle in your body not little girly jabs.
Same as any fight. If you just do some girly jabs you are going to get beat badly. Do everything you can to make the aggressor regret their decision as quickly as possible. Worry about any potential consequences later. In a dog fight, flee is rarely effective as they are fast and maneuverable and running may make they crazier. Freeze doesnt work as it takes a long time for them to get bored. That leaves "the best defense is a good offense".

As CC said, in the case of a dog that is aggressive towards humans the decision is easy for me (assuming the human didnt deserve it by going after the dog first).

Unfortunately I know a woman like this.
Adopted a dog she said had "behavior issues". Few months later without warning it bit her sister on the leg so bad it had to be pried off. Hospital visit for the puncture wounds resulted in animal control notification where she found out the dog had previous bit a child and had a file stating the dog should never be around children. That's when she found out the sister knew this already and didn't warn anyone. Owner showed no remorse for the bite and kept saying it's a good dog.
Couple months later it nipped her other sisters boyfriend. Then nipped the contractor who came to give a home reno pricing. Still no changes, owner continues to only care about dog, saying it must be everyone else's actions around the dog and people should act in a certain way when in the same house as this dog (these were all unprovoked bites, not an attempt to pet it and it nips, the dog literally came into the room and bit without warning).
Last week the dog bit a neighbour on the leg ripping through her jeans and causing injuries, while she was holding her new infant child. She's still defending the dog and logic just isn't sinking in. Pretty sure animal control will be demanding the dog be destroyed now, finally.

What is it about crazy dogs attracting crazy owners. I swear all the people I've known who willingly got a problem dog had zero business getting a (normal) one in the first place. blame everyone else instead of actually training the thing.

YMMV but I heard if you stick your thumb up the rear end they will let go...

Unfortunately I know a woman like this.
Adopted a dog she said had "behavior issues". Few months later without warning it bit her sister on the leg so bad it had to be pried off. Hospital visit for the puncture wounds resulted in animal control notification where she found out the dog had previous bit a child and had a file stating the dog should never be around children. That's when she found out the sister knew this already and didn't warn anyone. Owner showed no remorse for the bite and kept saying it's a good dog.
Couple months later it nipped her other sisters boyfriend. Then nipped the contractor who came to give a home reno pricing. Still no changes, owner continues to only care about dog, saying it must be everyone else's actions around the dog and people should act in a certain way when in the same house as this dog (these were all unprovoked bites, not an attempt to pet it and it nips, the dog literally came into the room and bit without warning).
Last week the dog bit a neighbour on the leg ripping through her jeans and causing injuries, while she was holding her new infant child. She's still defending the dog and logic just isn't sinking in. Pretty sure animal control will be demanding the dog be destroyed now, finally.
My aunts german shepherd attacked me when I was little (arm and crotch chewed up pretty good, no stiches). My grandma was right there but unable to get the dog off. Aunt and her family did the "you must have provoked it routine" and did nothing. A few months later, it broke free, chased a random runner down the road and attacked her quite badly. At that point they had it put down. I expect the runner or her family gave them an ultimatum about lawsuit or dog.

My neighbours german shepherd attacked my leg and dragged me off my bike when I was riding along the road. They were truly upset and hadnt seen that behaviour before. They were concerned as they had kids but kept the dog. A few months later dog was gone and I never got the full story but it sounded like there had been another incident.

What is it about crazy dogs attracting crazy owners. I swear all the people I've known who willingly got a problem dog had zero business getting a (normal) one in the first place. blame everyone else instead of actually training the thing.

YMMV but I heard if you stick your thumb up the rear end they will let go...
It's probably closely related. The dbag owners are happy to own (and maybe even create) the dbag dogs.

I was riding a bicycle down a country road and got chased by two very angry dogs (damn are dogs ever fast). I rode back past that house an hour later keeping a lookout for the bitey dogs and the owner was screaming something at me about bothering his dogs and he was going to kick my ass if I did that again? Wtf? I was riding a bicycle on the road minding my own business and your dogs saw prey.

I heard if you stick your thumb up the rear end they will let go...

Then what?

ifi-get-stuck-with-a-rectal-probe-im-biting-everyone-6907893.png

People are dumb and do stupid stuff training dogs. Things like alpha rolls and giving a dog little smacks for misbehaving is just asking for that fella to come back and do the same to you one day. Teach it violence and it’ll be violent. Calmness is key.

I will say though if everything has gone off the rails I’m trying everything I can to grab ahold of the scruff and take the dog to the ground. Gives you control of the head and they can’t do much from there. Trying to square up and face the big ones head on isn’t going to work out so great.

Couple days ago I opened my garage door and my dog ran out under the door onto my driveway. I didn’t think anything of it as he always does this but very seldom leaves the property and is always friendly. While grabbing something from my truck I realized he had stopped dead in the center of the driveway staring at something.
when I looked over there was a woman wearing a puffy winter coat tuque and face mask, pined against her car frozen in fear. He stood there frozen in a stare down with her trying to assess the situation. As soon as I noticed I calmly instructed him “in the house Chesney” he turned trotted off into the house. The poor woman thanked me and said “I’m terrified of dogs” “but yours seams well behaved”.
I felt kinda bad although he didn’t do anything wrong, he is a little intimidating but that’s not his fault it’s just how he looks. We have said multiple times the only way I will have a dog is if it follows instructions and is 100% friendly.
Just a Halloween prop no innocent passerby was harmed for this photo.

become the Alpha and run the place,

We dogsat a friends 8 month old Boston Terrier a number of years ago. This dog was the typical "I don't know any rules and boundaries because I was never taught any" and decided on day 2 of visiting that it was alpha.

After a chain of concerning behaviours ending in one completely unwarranted bite, we had a Come To Jesus moment.

We came to an agreement very quickly that the humans, and specifically me, were alpha.

Problem was solved.

Problem is too many people want to treat their dogs like children...instead of dogs.

When I was a kid a a family friend rescued a fighting pitbull. The dog had a very rough life. Dude was in vet school, the dog was kind of a project. It did not take long for the dog to become a well behaved loving dog. I was bout 8-10 years old playing with this ex-"killer", there was never a hint of aggression. The dog never attacked anyone, but it was very protective of the ones it knew. I find their banning in Ontario absurd. There's no bad breeds just bad owners and certain breeds attract a certain kind of owner. With that in mind I fear pocket dog owners more than pitbull owners :)

There's no bad breeds just bad owners and certain breeds attract a certain kind of owner. With that in mind I fear pocket dog owners more than pitbull owners :)

I feel bad for untrained/neglected dogs. I find there are more untrained little dogs cause people just pick up and go when they misbehave but they aren't always paying attention to them to do that. My guy isn't perfect, his recall is terrible when he sets his sniffer to something, and he's never off leash in public because of that. He so much better than when we got him after taking classes and we are always working to help him improve & upkeep his skills. We have to be, you cant just pick up a 165lb dork and walk away.

Am sorry for those traumatised by the actions of aggressive dogs.
Dogs at best have the intelligence level of a 4 year old human and those that have dealt with 4 year humans know that these require a lot of "guidance".
It is the "guidance" part, that is more often than not neglected, thereby resulting in "incidents". This more so with breeds hardwired to "protect".
Having said that, I believe that dogs are a person's best friend and some of the incidents are triggered by people, example: people coming to pet dogs without the owner's permission or neglecting the owner's request to stay away.
BTW, if your dog attacks a thief in your own home, the thief can sue you for dog bites, this in the province of Ontario.
For those with dogs, check out this excellent training school:

* an ex-owner of a (beloved) Boerboel *

Back
Top Bottom