FAST course advice/tips | GTAMotorcycle.com

FAST course advice/tips

drawmatic

hi guys,

i got the FAST course phase I coming up soon and I want to make sure i'm as prepared as possible for my first time being on the track....any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Advice/tips in terms of what to take with you, what to watch out for, what to eat/drink for energy etc.

thank you

Are you renting all track gears and a bike? (that I would recommend to do that... just in case of crash...)
Bring lots of water. You can buy Breakfast/Lunch at track, but selection is limited to usual track food..Burger, hotdog, fries etc...you can bring your own lunch.
Do not forget underarmor (top and pants).
Some cash to buy your picture CD from Flair Photo... ($30 or something... I forgot exactly)
Have a good time!

Are you renting all track gears and a bike? (that I would recommend to do that... just in case of crash...)
Bring lots of water. You can buy Breakfast/Lunch at track, but selection is limited to usual track food..Burger, hotdog, fries etc...you can bring your own lunch.
Do not forget underarmor (top and pants).
Some cash to buy your picture CD from Flair Photo... ($30 or something... I forgot exactly)
Have a good time!

thank you i appreciate your input ...
i'm renting their bike but will use my own gear (suit/gloves/boots/helmet)

1. Have fun
  2. Go at your own pace
  3. Take advantage of the instructors time and input
You'll have a blast!

1. Have Fun
  2. Go at your own pace
  3. Take advantage of the instructors time and input
You'll have a blast!

Tip: If you chose the 650R, don't give it full throttle from a standstill.

Enjoy!

question.. when i was looking for courses.. they dont rent out bikes for phase 1 :S
how did u manage to rent out a bike for a first timer?? cuz i REALLY wanna go to, but i dont wanna take my bike
input pls!!

- Make sure that you stay hydrated. When you start to notice heat exhaustion, it's already too late.

- Don't worry about trying to go fast. Listen to what the instructors say, then try to do it. The speed will come on its own.

- ASK QUESTIONS! The most common thing that I hear, from people who didn't enjoy their experience at FAST, is that they didn't ask questions. If you need clarification, or help with a certain aspect, ask the instructors. They're there to help, but can't know every issue that you're experiencing.

- If you're feeling very tired, by the end of the day, feel free to skip the last 'free' ride. That seems to be when most of the crashes happen.

@HiRPM: I've done FAST Phase One 6 times and always on their bikes, with their gear.

Last edited:
Sleep well the night before. If it's your 1st track experience, you will likely be exhausted by the end of it.

Tips .....

(1) drink lots of water .. lots and lots of water .. continuously sipping on a bottle. You should be needing to pee every 30 minutes or so. This will help keep your head clear and your energy level up. People underestimate how physically and mentally demanding the race track is

(2) ride at your own pace. Even the fastest racers were once where you are right now. You will get to the level you want or need with more experiecnce and laps - no need to rush the process.

You should have an excellent day - don`t let an unnecessary crash screw it up. HAVE FUN ...

kk cool, thanks for the input MacLennan, i guess ill just have to call them and find out once again

+1 on hydration and perhaps skipping the "free ride" at the end. I didn't drink enough water and was feeling really tired by the end. Binned the bike on the last lap of the day. Trust me, the walk of shame is no fun...

- Make sure that you stay hydrated. When you start to notice heat exhaustion, it's already too late.

- Don't worry about trying to go fast. Listen to what the instructors say, then try to do it. The speed will come on its own.

- ASK QUESTIONS! The most common thing that I hear, from people who didn't enjoy their experience at FAST, is that they didn't ask questions. If you need clarification, or help with a certain aspect, ask the instructors. They're there to help, but can't know every issue that you're experiencing.

- If you're feeling very tired, by the end of the day, feel free to skip the last 'free' ride. That seems to be when most of the crashes happen.

@HiRPM: I've done FAST Phase One 6 times and always on their bikes, with their gear.

thank you Rob...
im gonna call them to find out exactly what time to be there and get a general idea of how the day is broken down....but if you have done the course would you mind giving me a quick overview of what the course involves and what time should i be there?

+1 on hydration and perhaps skipping the "free ride" at the end. I didn't drink enough water and was feeling really tired by the end. Binned the bike on the last lap of the day. Trust me, the walk of shame is no fun...

lol was it your own bike or theirs?

Tips .....

(1) drink lots of water .. lots and lots of water .. continuously sipping on a bottle. You should be needing to pee every 30 minutes or so. This will help keep your head clear and your energy level up. People underestimate how physically and mentally demanding the race track is

(2) ride at your own pace. Even the fastest racers were once where you are right now. You will get to the level you want or need with more experiecnce and laps - no need to rush the process.

You should have an excellent day - don`t let an unnecessary crash screw it up. HAVE FUN ...

thanks for the advice and you make a great point in terms of not rushing the process, as that can inhibit your learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom