Failure to COMMIT | GTAMotorcycle.com

Failure to COMMIT

nanobots

Ive had this problem now, ever since I fell at that stupid oily wet road. When approaching a turn, downshifting to 2nd to prepare to take it. I notice im coming very close to the curb at times, not because of speed, because of a poor push steering lean. I want to change this before I put my bike in for the season. I dont want to start off next year with this same fear. This fall has damaged my psychi!!

ANYWAY, Just the other day I was feeling brave and went a little faster approaching a turn, around 40kmh and mid turn was got scared, STARRRING at the curb infront of me, pulled clutch in steer straight at the curb and emergy brake.

This is a very bad habit of mine, and just wanted to share with all the new riders.

Is there any suggested roads that I should practice ?

How about going in slow until you build your confidence again. I took a beginer track course in the begining of the season and that helped with my fear of corners. That might help you too.

Find a nice spot with good road conditions, and a clear view around the corner, and go there lots. Even if you keep u turning to ride it over and over, you'll get more comfortable atleast with that one spot... before you know it, you'll be scrapping your pegs(in the good way)

Also, don't look at the curb. You'll had a tendency to go where you're looking, so look into your corners and you should go exactly where you need to.

Ive had this problem now, ever since I fell at that stupid oily wet road. When approaching a turn, downshifting to 2nd to prepare to take it. I notice im coming very close to the curb at times, not because of speed, because of a poor push steering lean. I want to change this before I put my bike in for the season. I dont want to start off next year with this same fear. This fall has damaged my psychi!!

ANYWAY, Just the other day I was feeling brave and went a little faster approaching a turn, around 40kmh and mid turn was got scared, STARRRING at the curb infront of me, pulled clutch in steer straight at the curb and emergy brake.

This is a very bad habit of mine, and just wanted to share with all the new riders.

Is there any suggested roads that I should practice ?

Twyn Rivers or Lawrence Ramps. LOL Let's go! =)

stop looking where you are going. lift your chin up. look as far through the corner as you can.

Use SLLuR:

SLOW the bike down in a straight line and use the outside of the lane.
LOOK through the corner to your exit.
LEAN the bike in using counter steering, with hands on the grips, feet on the pegs away from the controls. Do not brake or pull in the clutch.
ROLL on the throttle smoothly and progressively once past the apex.

Practice this at slower speeds, and remember Outside-Inside-Outside. Lane position at the start is everything.

Start the turn slow enough so that if it is oily and wet you can easily make it.
Accelerate slowly throughout the turn as the space ahead and road conditions permit.

If you're nervous taking the roads, hit up a large empty parking lot and practice there. You can practice taking right and left turns, from a stop or while moving, and use the painted lines as guidelines. At least that's what I do when I feel the need to Parking Lot Practice (PLP) which I still do 4 years into riding.

Practice what's already been recommended here. I can't emphasize how important it is to LOOK where you want your bike to go.

Back
Top Bottom