f4i experts | GTAMotorcycle.com

f4i experts

kneedraggin101

anyone have any idea where the freeze/frost plug location is on these??

Friend of mine left the bike outside over winter, with nothing but water in it... and now the oil is obviously milky as the bike is being run, unless they dont have them, and now the bike has a cracked head... which is more then possible...

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I don't think the F4i has frost plugs. I'm not even sure what bike has them.

No frost plugs. If you are really lucky, the leak is in the oil cooler or the water pump, as those are places where coolant comes in close proximity to engine oil. Otherwise, big problems.

I have worked on a couple of these frozen up. Both times two cracks in the cam chain tunnel. I sucessfully tig welded the, But is $$$ for certain. If the bike was run while frozen you can *** a waterpump to the list.

There are two internal wrenching torx head plugs under the cams in the cyl head. It has been a while, but I think those plugs were for coolant - try having a look there. I think that is the same place Kneedragger is referring to. They are installed with red loctite, so getting them out is an ordeal. I ended up drilling them out to the next largest size and tapped it for an NPT hex plug.

Back
Top Bottom